free website stats program Dreaded shimmy or shake or wobble | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dreaded shimmy or shake or wobble

No nothing new. Started out of the blue. Running great then it was shaking like crazy. Side to side. Didn’t feel like handlebars

Figures it’s pouring here today so I can’t even get it to the Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard from the Indy lastnight. Rear tire is pretty beat. They’re truing and mounting the new tires and putting in new bearings today. Hopefully find out what was causing this issue

Well so far one bad wheel bearing. The seal on the left rear popped and was spewing grease out. Hopefully that was the reason behind my shakes

Well so far one bad wheel bearing. The seal on the left rear popped and was spewing grease out. Hopefully that was the reason behind my shakes

Sounds like you got it on the road to recovery, when I first got my softy I had steering neck bearing problems, hated the shake

Well appears that a rear wheel bearing with a blown out seal leaking grease will give you the shimmy shake I was having. Got 4 new all balls racing bearings 2 new 402f and am back on the road!!

Back