free website stats program Dont know if this is the right place but... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dont know if this is the right place but...

Re: Value.....

No problem. I get so much good information off of here. I am glad to offer any I can. The bike is very close to mine with Apes and a different seat.

Very Nice!! Diggin that paintjob alot... and they do look very similar!!

Very Nice!! Diggin that paintjob alot... and they do look very similar!!

You gotta like the looks of a Shovelhead. But the best part ( which you have not experienced yet) is the sound. You will be thrilled with you purchase. It's a diffrent ride too. Balanced much better then newer bikes.

You gotta like the looks of a Shovelhead. But the best part ( which you have not experienced yet) is the sound. You will be thrilled with you purchase. It's a diffrent ride too. Balanced much better then newer bikes.

Yeah ive always liked the look of them...even before i started riding. And ive heard them before... thats exactly why i wanted one!! I sure hope everything works out...just scary in my situation.

Don't know where you are located. I know nothing about this guy, just did a search. Price sounds good. Even better if gave you a little for the core.

Harley Shovelhead rebuilt transmission (Vandalia) $750 - Ohio Riders

That would be KILLER if i was in Ohio! I live in South Carolina...:sd Im gonna end up taking it to my mechanic who does all the work on my other bike and let him look at the tranny and see what he thinks. I appreciate you trying more than you know ;)

Paul

Hi Harley made a lot of changes to there bikes around 1980, 5 speed tranny, 80 cu. in motor, different frames

....the right tranny with the correct tranny main shaft is key to getting the the trnny sprocket lined up with the motor sprocket! make sure you get the correct tranny ! good luck!

i have a 1980 flt my first ride.first year rubber mounted motor. 5 speed tranny.80 cubic inch. its a bagger but great riden comfort.

Update.......

Well ive been riding this one for about 3 months now...and i love it!! Got some spokes being powder coated right now...gonna do the front end this winter along with a fresh paint job. Figured id pop in and share what she looks like so far.

DSCN3750.jpg

DSCN3754.jpg

posterized

DSCN3751983.jpg

Looking good. What way did you decide to go on the tranny?

I bought a Turtle Top case off of ebay and then used the good parts out of the old tranny and replaced all the ones that were worn or in bad shape. The way she sits right now along with the spokes i recently aquired ive got 47 in it.

Back