free website stats program Dont know if this is the right place but... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dont know if this is the right place but...

No that is for a FLT totally different bike. Not saying it could not be made to work, but a bolt in.

Thanks!

It has both. But it does not matter. Just if your going to trash the transmission, there are parts in there you will need. But a new clutch push rod with the trowout bearings is only about 60 - 80 bucks and probably a good idea.

So your saying ill need to get parts off this tranny even if im buying another one?

I might be reading this wrong. But you will not be able to start the bike without the transmission.

This is the one for bike

HARLEY SHOVELHEAD TRANSMISSION : eBay Motors (item 250603578818 end time Apr-03-10 15:32:18 PDT)

I was told that you can start the motor and let it idle with just the oil bag on it?...

how you gonna start it would be interesting counting the electric start is off the trans

Dont know if this is the right place but... Post

So your saying ill need to get parts off this tranny even if im buying another one?

No you will just have to buy a clutch push rod and throwout bearing. It would be better not reuse the old one anyway.

You may be able to get the transmission case welded. The rebuild the transmssion. Gear set, gaskets, etc. Going to be around 600 bucks.

If you keep watching ebay you will be able to get one cheaper. If you decide to trash yours. I will give you 50 bucks for it.

Cant kick it off either?

No kick starter is hooked to tranny

Last edited by a moderator:
Value.....

Ok so i never said how much i gave for this thing. If all it needs is a transmission which should be the case... is it worth 3500.00 like it sits? Im kinda freakin out since my friends out of town and will not be able to look at it until tommorow. I dont wanna have more money in this than its worth when im done. And Jonas if i decide to trash the tranny... will you pay shipping?

Re: Value.....

Ok so i never said how much i gave for this thing. If all it needs is a transmission which should be the case... is it worth 3500.00 like it sits? Im kinda freakin out since my friends out of town and will not be able to look at it until tommorow. I dont wanna have more money in this than its worth when im done. And Jonas if i decide to trash the tranny... will you pay shipping?

I would say it is worth 3500 like it sits. Cool bike, nice looking bike. Assuming the motor is decent. Running everything working. I would think you could sell it for 5500.00 pretty easy, more if you had the time to wait. They do not make them anymore, value is only going to go up.

I would pay shipping. As long as it was not crazy. You may get more money by listing it on ebay. Describe all the problems as you know them. You might be surprised. I could be your backup plan.

I would say it is worth 3500 like it sits. Cool bike, nice looking bike. Assuming the motor is decent. Running everything working. I would think you could sell it for 5500.00 pretty easy, more if you had the time to wait. They do not make them anymore, value is only going to go up.

That makes me feel alot better seeing that you own one yourself. I just dont know much at all about them but was told i couldnt lose if it ran. And the guy also said the same exact estimate in running condition if sold as you did.

I would pay shipping. As long as it was not crazy. You may get more money by listing it on ebay. Describe all the problems as you know them. You might be surprised. I could be your backup plan.

Sounds good man and thanks again for all of your knowlege and help so far!! :D

That makes me feel alot better seeing that you own one yourself. I just dont know much at all about them but was told i couldnt lose if it ran. And the guy also said the same exact estimate in running condition if sold as you did.

Sounds good man and thanks again for all of your knowlege and help so far!! :D

No problem. I get so much good information off of here. I am glad to offer any I can. The bike is very close to mine with Apes and a different seat.

Attachments

• webshot.JPG
    webshot.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 20
Back