free website stats program **Donate 02 Road King parts....Help** | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Donate 02 Road King parts....Help**

Ski,
The tracking number for the fork legs is 9405510200881923982514. They were shipped via USPS; dropped off on 02/20 and the record shows that they were delivered on 02/22 to:
Ski Zawaski
627 Stribling Shoals Road
Walhalla, SC 29691

Suggest you try to run them down as they have been delivered to someone, somewhere.:confused:

The tracking # above is from the first pair of lower legs and they were delivered here, but you mentioned another donor was sending a second pair of lowers over a week ago and I was wondering why I haven't received them. You said they were shipped on the 22nd, and not to fuss over receiving a second set of lowers. If they haven't been shipped yet.....that's ok cause I have the lowers.

About the upper legs you mentioned....I am fine in that department. I can use the one leg you sent me, and one leg from the accident is bent just less than the thickness of a credit card and I can get my friend to use his press to straighten it up.......plus between the parts you sent me and the guts from my legs.....I'm just great in that department also, so like I said I still need a crash bar and trees. So things are looking UP man!!!
Thanks for sticking with me so far!
Ski

The tracking # above is from the first pair of lower legs and they were delivered here, but you mentioned another donor was sending a second pair of lowers over a week ago and I was wondering why I haven't received them. You said they were shipped on the 22nd, and not to fuss over receiving a second set of lowers. If they haven't been shipped yet.....that's ok cause I have the lowers.

About the upper legs you mentioned....I am fine in that department. I can use the one leg you sent me, and one leg from the accident is bent just less than the thickness of a credit card and I can get my friend to use his press to straighten it up.......plus between the parts you sent me and the guts from my legs.....I'm just great in that department also, so like I said I still need a crash bar and trees. So things are looking UP man!!! Thanks for sticking with me so far!
Ski

Wires crossed. The legs you have received are the only ones I have sourced. I thought you said you had a set coming from another donor which is why I thought you would end up with two sets. My guy came through and he is the only donor that donated legs at my request. Glad to hear you are sneaking up on collecting the parts needed to rebuild. So, both original fork tubes are bent from the wreck? I would not run any fork tube that is not perfectly straight.

I think my sources of donated parts has been exhausted but I will let you know if something else comes up. Good luck with the rebuild.

Wires crossed. The legs you have received are the only ones I have sourced. I thought you said you had a set coming from another donor which is why I thought you would end up with two sets. My guy came through and he is the only donor that donated legs at my request. Glad to hear you are sneaking up on collecting the parts needed to rebuild. So, both original fork tubes are bent from the wreck? I would not run any fork tube that is not perfectly straight.

I think my sources of donated parts has been exhausted but I will let you know if something else comes up. Good luck with the rebuild.

Everything is cool....it's all great man. Yeah....one fork tube looks like a banana, and the other one as I said has a bend just less than a credit card and I can get that straightened on my friends hydraulic press.
You have been soooooooooooo helpful=good karma.
Thank you.....Thank you.....Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ski;
Just curious; did you get the Nacelle chrome trim strip OK?

Rod
Got it Monday. I posted this message...guess you didn't see it.

Hey Rod.....it arrived this morning. It's nice!!!!! Even came with the nut! I sure do appreciate it man!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Ski

Ski;
Sorry I guess I missed your message.
I forgot to mention it also included a new nut.
Glad you got it OK! Enjoy.
Rod

skizman said:
Well.....guess no triple trees from this guy. Talked to him and this guy is a weirdo. Guess he is too lazy to wrap and box up the trees and drive to UPS. He only wants to sell it locally and have it picked up. I just sent him an email asking again for him to send it. I doubt he'll answer. Oh well.....deep subject.Ski

Ski, I think I have located a set of triple trees from a '99. I think the guy will donate but still "negotiating"; he wanted $50, plus shipping but I know the guy, sort of, and am appealing to his softer side for the donation. I will let you know later today if I was successful but pretty sure he will come around.;)

dolt been following this thread and all i can say is you are one heck of a guy,i can only dream of having someone like you on my side.so great to know there is guys like you still out there today in this dog eat dog world.know your heart has to be warm and sounds like you are a lot like me would rather give than receive

Everything is cool....it's all great man. Yeah....one fork tube looks like a banana, and the other one as I said has a bend just less than a credit card and I can get that straightened on my friends hydraulic press.

Ski, the donor has come through with the triple tree and he has a tube but he hast to check it to make sure it is straight. He will ship this week and I will reimburse him for shipping cost and let you know so you can reimburse me.

Dolt....you cease to amaze me man!!! If I saw you in person I'd have to give you a hug and a kiss.....No...forget the kiss.....
just a hug.;)
You have been so helpful searching...contacting people...using your own time helping me fill my needed parts list. A couple months ago when I started this I never imagined that I would get all these parts. And right now my parts list is 99% completed. I do have a guy that will be sending me the triple trees by this weekend. So the one last part needed is that one upper tube leg. Let me know...thanks.

There are a bunch of little things that were bent...broke...dented that I know I could fix and would not ask for. My needed parts list was enough.
And speaking of dent..broke and bent...a plate in my leg has given me wicked pain the last month. Every day I try to get a couple hours in putzin around on my bike but it takes 5x as long to do something taking baby steps. I'm finished whining now.
I really don't know what words I can say anymore except...................
A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ski

Back