free website stats program Does your bike fit you? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Does your bike fit you?

Naturally we all want to look good on our bike. But it's not about looking good, it's about comfort and handling. If the bike handles to your liking and your comfortable sitting and moving the bike, then ride it. I purchased the FatBob because both feet are flat on the ground when I'm stopped. Also the weight of the bike is a biggy. Can you easily move a 700lb FatBob or are you more confortable in moving around the Sporty. I've seen 400lb guys on 400lb bikes. It's how you feel when getting on getting off and when the wind is in your face. It's not about buying a bigger bike to look good. It's can I handle it. I also love the FatBob seat. I'm sitting in the bike not on it.

How cares what people say. If you are happy that is all that maters. I'm 6' 230 lbs and my dyna fits good after putting forward controls and changing the bars.

You know what they say about opinions, pooki (don't worry mods, not going there).

If you're happy and comfortable on your ride: end of story. :s

I am 6'4" and a bit over 250, I ride a softail deluxe i have made a few changes to make the bike more comfortable for me. i feel that as long as i am comfortable i am safer. Being as tall as i am i have had to make most things fit me. I wold like the bike to be about two inches longer so i can stretch the legs out a bit more

I always thought my Softail Custom was a nice size for me. I'm 6' and 250lbs. After getting the Ultra and now that I am used to it the Softail feels small.
Don't listen to others about the size of the bike, its what you feel comfortable with.

Steve

I feel like my bike fits me. Never thought I was to big for it till the comment was made. I, myself luv my sporty and cant wait to get back on it and ride. May take awhile but Im excited.

If your body isn't yelling at you after your ride, your bike fits you. If you are smiling after you finish your ride, your bike fits you!

JMO

Never thought about this when I picked out my sporty. Someone made the comment to me that Im a BIG GIRL and I should have gotten a bigger bike. Never thought I didnt look right on my sporty till that comment was made. Now I wonder......Anyone else had this?

You and your scoot look very happy together in your avatar Pookibr and that's what counts. I'm 5'7'' and ride an 883 Sporty - planning on getting Stage1 leg lengthening done - do they do Screamin' Eagle lower limbs?:lolrolling.
Ride it and love it!

I'm 6'2" and one of my bikes is a sportster that i bop around town on. who cares what people think it only matters what you think. if you are comfortable and happy with the bike then blow em off and enjoy your bike.
Kind of funny a 1200cc motorcycle is now considered "small"...:bigsmiley8: I do not consider it small, but maybe...
Could it be true Americans average 20lbs more and 5" taller than their contemporaries of the '40s and '50s? :small3d011:

Kind of funny a 1200cc motorcycle is now considered "small"...:bigsmiley8: I do not consider it small, but maybe...
Could it be true Americans average 20lbs more and 5" taller than their contemporaries of the '40s and '50s? :small3d011:

Just from my travels and meeting people, which means this is just an anecdotal observation, I've found Americans in general to be bigger people than us in the UK. I'd always put it down to a diet with more protein over several generations with all that really good beef you rear, giving an inch or two extra in height. I mean look at how the average height of Chinese and Japanese people has increased with a more "western" diet over the last generation or two. I know we're all increasing in latitude these days but there've definitely been some rises in our longitude lines as well.

It's all relative, but I don't think Harleys make any "small" scoots. An 883 Sporty weighs 563lb empty. That's the weight of an average full adult male grizzly bear. The Sporty is of much better disposition, definitely more fun to ride and cheaper to feed. Harley's make big and bigger bikes - we love 'em.:D

Back