free website stats program Does a 2009 Ultra need Stage 1? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Does a 2009 Ultra need Stage 1?

Hey Jayson459,

I picked up my 09 Ultra about a month ago and had the V&H Ovals, V&H Fuel Pak, and K&N high flow air filter installed and it is much more responsive, deeper sound but doesn't drown out the radio while cruising. I've read several articles about the heat generated in the "stock" condition but didn't really have it stock long enough to know how hot it could get.

I also went with all syn fluids that's supposed to help reduce the heat and reduce that "clank" shift sound. A couple things I did notice is a drop in my oil pressure and some slight backfires during decel. Cruising the oil pressure is around 32 psi but at idle it drops down more than half that. Trying to find out if that's common when switching to synthetics? Also looking to find out if that slight backfire during decel or when easing off throttle to shift is normal or if I need the fuel pak tweaked?

Can't tell what black designation your bike is. Mine is the Black Pearl so looks metallic grey in the sun. My first ride with any mileage to it will be to Daytona next week for Bikeweek. I'm just north of Palm Beach so it should be a good ride to see how hot the bike will feel around my legs.

Attachments

• DSCF1303B.jpg
    DSCF1303B.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 15
Back