free website stats program Doc's Gonna Do the BRP! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Doc's Gonna Do the BRP!

Sunscreen was the single biggest lesson I learned on my first long road trip. Second was to pull over before it starts raining to put rain gear on. Once your soaked, rain gear holds in the moisture and makes you sweat.
Third was, "Oh my God, this is the most fun I have ever had!" :newsmile017:

You got that right! I'm surprised the government hasn't put a happiness tax on it. :D

SShhh... I can just see a toll booth exclusively for motorcycles at every entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other roads like it.

Thanks Doc! As I said a few weeks ago, this is my likely destination for a trip in a few weeks! Reading this just increases the anticipation.

PM me when the time gets closer - you never know what my schedule may look like by then!

Musta just missed you, as we did a "flower sniffin' tour"
We rode north from Raleigh on Saturday 6/12
Did the Sky line Drive on Sunday (and Luray Caverns)
"only" ran the parkway from Waynesboro VA, to Marby Mill (heck of a storm around 4 PM) on Monday
Tuesday, we rode from Marby Mill to Spruce Pine NC
Wednesday from Spruce Pine, to Bryson City.

Given we were on vacation, we were in no hurry... 3 days on the parkway were good... 4 would have been better

Mostly great weather, but we caught a few storms as well. we rode under the clouds, through the clouds and even ABOVE the clouds

Great pic but the max size allowed is 800 X 600. Oversize pics will be removed. Feel free to repost it in the proper size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing your trip Doc. There is nothing like just being on two wheels and not thinking about work for a while. I am glad you got to do the ride and had a safe trip.

Back