free website stats program Doc's Gonna Do the BRP! | Harley Davidson Forums

Doc's Gonna Do the BRP!

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
After spending way too much time fretting over weather charts and forecasts (what can I say - I'm a pilot and my daughter's in college on track to become a meteorologist) I've decided to just deal with the weather and head out Monday morning. If it rains, I may get wet. If it storms, I may have to pull over and hide or alter my plans. I know this is no new revelation to those of you who travel thousands of miles a month or do week or 2 week trips but I'm pretty new at this overnight stuff!

Anyway I decided to give the Blue Ridge parkway a try. I'm going to leave Woodstock, Georgia early Monday morning and race up the super slab to the Roanoke area (about 440 miles.) Then Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday will be spent on the BRP at whatever pace my camera and the weather will allow. Depending on how those days go, I may press on for home Thursday evening or spend the night somewhere near Cherokee, NC and ride home Friday morning.

Anyone wanting to join me for some or all of this adventure just shoot me a PM and we'll exchange numbers and get a plan going.

Be careful and enjoy. You will be going through some tunnels on the BRP. If the sun is bright be careful entering the tunnels because they have no lights and it takes some time for your eyes to adjust. I recommend wearing clear glasses. ENJOY!

Did a 700 mile trip last week over 3 days. Rain forecasted each day, but had very little. Buddy I was riding with pulled into some truck yard along the north shore of Lake Ontario near Kingston just as it looked threatening. Put on rain gear under a canopy just before it came teaming down. Talked for about 15 minutes and it stopped. Was mostly cloudy over the 3 days, but that was it for rain.
We had a fantastic ride. Wishing you the same. Enjoy. Wish I could join you. :)

Dr. I know you will have a great ride. I wish it would have been for the week after and I could have joined ya for a while. I live in Waynesboro, the northern beginning of BRP and about 90 miles north of Roanoke. I have our annual Camp Meeting for the Church that starts on Monday and runs thru Sunday and I am the planner for that event. We have about 3-4 thousand people that come and I have to be there.

Have fun and be safe. It's the time of the year foe deer and their fawns so be careful and watch your speed. They are serious about keeping to the limit.

I sure wish I could join you. Got a visitor coming tue./wed. that I have to support the wife with by staying close. Ugh.

Back