free website stats program Dobeck TFI | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck TFI

Hi Glider,
Thanks to you very much for sound advice. I went to local HD dealer today and bought
the last Screamin' Eagle air intake you recommended. I'm very happy as it's A) not as expensive as some
of the other after market units which may be heavy etc. B) best part is I can either add a cage
for it or the original air intake cover fits on it perfectly.

Gen 3 TFI with O2 sensor ordered today from Dobeck.
Let the games begin!!

I'll revert with update once install done
Thanks again
WAP.gif

Take your time during with the installation - I just finished mine, and while I thought everything went well, I have nothing when I turn on the ignition. Completely dead. At least the security system still works. I have large hands, and it was difficult for me to get enough room to work. More than once I thought about removing the gas tank... Tomorrow I get to trouble shoot an electrical system short. One step forward, two steps back...

I am very NON mechanical. I followed the directions to the letter with my gen3 and install was not difficult...I am not saying easy because the mere fact that there is very little room for your hands to work is the biggest problem. A good pair of needle nose pliers truly makes the difference. My only mistake was forgetting to re-connect the fuel line after I disconnected it to raise the tank. Took me an hour...yes an hour, to figure it out. The good news is that in that hour I unhooked and reinstalled the gen3 10 times + to make sure connections were tight etc etc. I did recieve one of the units that is a little long on the male connector plug, about 30 seconds with a fine flat file and all is well and secure. Take your time, read teh directions, go to you tube there are some install videos there. It is really not a bad thing.

If you removed the battery cables, your problem is probably a bad connection there.

That was my first thought, but I double-checked the negative lead, and that's not the problem. Interestingly, the battery tender blinks green, as if in storage. I'm going to check the console connections tomorrow - the wire bundle on the left side of the tank was pulled a little tight during the installation. Looks like a crash course in the Harley electrical system.

Hi Guys,
Drove to the States this morning to get my unit which arrived promptly. I am very excited. Install looks really simple and they called me back with a simple question I had.

I will update in next 48/72 hours about results... cant wait.

Back