free website stats program Dobeck on a stock motor? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck on a stock motor?

I've run both on my 09 FLHX and you'll discover the difference w/1st post-install start-up. Bike will feel & sound better, and all you have to do is adjust for your stock tune. Otherwise the MPG's will dip a bit. I found gas tank removal the easiest for install b/c it allows free access to injector(s) and no restrictions w/cable routing. There's a plastic backbone that runs on upper frame tube with plastic cups along Right side...perfect for the tuner lines. Also, Dobeck's support is 2nd to none so cal them if you need any assistance. Enjoy!

Thought I'd revive this old thread as I'm getting ready to do a couple upgrades...

Tried to order a new tuner from Dobeck today... they must have been having a bad day. Was on hold for a good ten minutes, then they hung up on me. Called back, got put on hold again, then they got back to me and took my number. Said they'd call back shortly, but never did. :dknow Kind of surprised, have read nothing but good comments about them, so I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come.

Got some new Klock Werks slip ons on the way too. Looking forward to a little more rumble. :D

Finally... after 3 days, 4 phone calls, one hang up and no call back from Dobeck, I got a Gen-3 on the way. They told me I would get a $25 forum discount... I stewed on that for a bit since every post on here says it's a $50 discount. Called them back yet again, and they apologized and gave me the $50. :dknow

I sure hope everything works out with this, don't have a very good feeling so far. I almost gave up and went with a Vance & Hines Fuel Pak.

I don't want to lean one way or the other just yet, but I'm working with them to get my new GEN 4 installation instructions along with an additional 45 degree bung for the installation of the Wide Band O2 Sensor in the lead header pipe. Hoping ot hear from them this week anyway.

:cheers:breakdance

Thought I'd revive this old thread as I'm getting ready to do a couple upgrades...

Tried to order a new tuner from Dobeck today... they must have been having a bad day. Was on hold for a good ten minutes, then they hung up on me. Called back, got put on hold again, then they got back to me and took my number. Said they'd call back shortly, but never did. :dknow Kind of surprised, have read nothing but good comments about them, so I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come.

Got some new Klock Werks slip ons on the way too. Looking forward to a little more rumble. :D

Finally... after 3 days, 4 phone calls, one hang up and no call back from Dobeck, I got a Gen-3 on the way. They told me I would get a $25 forum discount... I stewed on that for a bit since every post on here says it's a $50 discount. Called them back yet again, and they apologized and gave me the $50. :dknow

I sure hope everything works out with this, don't have a very good feeling so far. I almost gave up and went with a Vance & Hines Fuel Pak.

Wow - hopefully they're just overwhelmed with business due to everyone doing their winter upgrades! I've never had anything but great results calling them and talking things over on the phone.

Dobeck is big on snowmobile tuners and this winter is finally a winter.With the cutbacks we have all had to make in this economy they are probably understaffed at the moment to meet the demand.Give them a chance they are a great company to deal with.

This seems very unusual to me, I hope your install goes good:s

I put a Gen 3 on my stock 2012 Road King. Runs like a sportbike with saddlebags. You'll love it once it's installed and dialed in.

I'm hoping the unit gets here today or tomorrow...supposed to be 50 degrees on Sunday and I could test it out. :D

Got my Gen 3 in the mail Friday, woo hoo!

It took me about two hours to do the install. I'm a pretty impatient guy, so I forced myself to take it real slow removing the gas tank. Actually, I was surprised how easy it was. Would have been easier if I hadn't filled the tank last week after my ride, lol. :p But, I was able to burn off a 1/4 tank earlier today before I did the install.

It was dark when I finished, and I only took a 3 mile run up the interstate to make sure the bike was running good. Seemed to have a little more pep, and I think the occasional exhaust pop on decel is gone.

My new Klock Werks slip-ons arrived yesterday: Klock Werks Platinum Series Revolver Slip-On Mufflers from KLOCK WERKS KUSTOM CYCLES

I guess that will be my next step. I'm a little confused though... do I need to add a stage 1 filter too? I'm guessing the tuner will need some adjustment if I do make that change?

Back