free website stats program Dobeck appears to have flown the coup | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck appears to have flown the coup

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMHO here, but Dobeck in the past has been a very good forum partner. There have never been problems with the original TFI, Gen 3 or 3.5. I think where they got a bad rap here was in introducing the Gen 4 a little too soon. It did have many problems. They tried to rectify those problems as quickly as they could but it left a few here with a bad feeling for their products which is unfortunate. They are a solid company and have some great products and I would welcome them back to participate in the forum once again. BTW I was one of the very first to use a Gen4 and it did have problems. I am still running the Gen4 and it has been flawless for quite a while.

JMHO here, but Dobeck in the past has been a very good forum partner. There have never been problems with the original TFI, Gen 3 or 3.5

Have to respectfully disagree with you about the Gen 3.0 never having problems. I had problems with mine within 1 month after installing it. Bike kept cutting out and no matter where I set it, the bike still ran poorly. Worked fine at first though. I disconnected the ground wire to bypass it, but same problem. Took it off completely and had to revert back to the original a/c so it wouldn't run too lean, but the bike ran fine again. Sent it back to Dobeck and they said there was a problem with the injector connectors. They sent a replacement and it's worked fine since. I'm sure this was probably just an isolated incident, and most work fine for the long haul. I just had one of the few with a defect, but Dobeck was great with their customer service and standing behind their product.

I thought they ere always on the spot, but whith all the stuff going on I have elected to try V&H fp3. Just my opinion for what its worth.

I thought they ere always on the spot, but whith all the stuff going on I have elected to try V&H fp3. Just my opinion for what its worth.

I really want one of those FP3's too. Problem is, it doesn't work with my 2013 FLHTK. Something about not being compatible with the CAN-BUS system. I'm guessing the 14's & 15's have the CAN-BUS system that is required. Strange though, the FP3 works with some of the other 2013 and earlier models. Just not mine.

I don't think anyone here is complaining about their product or wanting to kick them to the curb. I do think if their a sponsor and many of use use their product, they would want to be a little more active here. JMHO. A happy customer is a return customer.

This forum and its members used to be great "promoters" of Dobeck products. There was a lot of drama in these parts in the fairly recent past, and one of the outcomes was a significant reduction in support and advocation for Dobeck products. The relationship they had with the forum and members was a "special" effort on their part, likely due to forum size and promotion activities.

Those of us that are still here and still use Dobeck products have shown a good ability to help folks out with those products. Maybe we just don't need as much direct Dobeck forum activity as we once did.

I strongly suggest that bad press, regarding them, should be kept subdued, unless normal product support or the products themselves turn out to be sub-par. There is where the rubber meets the road.

As for me and mine, Dobeck has been more than reliable and their product support has been responsive and well above par.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I don't want to knock any company or product unless I have trouble with their poduct and they won't stand behind it.

I really want one of those FP3's too. Problem is, it doesn't work with my 2013 FLHTK. Something about not being compatible with the CAN-BUS system. I'm guessing the 14's & 15's have the CAN-BUS system that is required. Strange though, the FP3 works with some of the other 2013 and earlier models. Just not mine.

Not to hijack but glazier have u rode the new bikes 2014,2015 limited? Very sweet ride more power bigger smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly suggest that bad press, regarding them, should be kept subdued, unless normal product support or the products themselves turn out to be sub-par. There is where the rubber meets the road

This is exactly what we're talking about, (lack of support on the forum) With a membership of 80,000 you would think they'd be a little more attentive.

This is exactly what we're talking about, (lack of support on the forum) With a membership of 80,000 you would think they'd be a little more attentive.

This forum and its members used to be great "promoters" of Dobeck products. There was a lot of drama in these parts in the fairly recent past, and one of the outcomes was a significant reduction in support and advocation for Dobeck products.

Why would they be more involved is the point that I made...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back