free website stats program Dobeck appears to have flown the coup | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck appears to have flown the coup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrop

I have been reading through a number of the posts here on the Dobeck part of the forum. There are a bunch of questions posted here which have gone unanswered by the Dobeck guys.

I also noticed that there appears to have been a bit of a kerfuffle here between several of the site moderators and discussions about the newer Gen 4 controllers.

It has been well over 12 months since the dobeck guy has addressed any questions posed to them. It looks to me like Dobeck has bailed out of their participation on this forum. Did they pick up their marbles and go somewhere else?
Anybody else have an opinion?

It seems to me someone from Dobeck was was on a few weeks ago, their name was lit up as being signed in. Can't tell you if they read or answered any question though.

Quite often the answer to any question in this part of the forum is dealt with by a knowledgeable member before dobeck tech support has seen the question
1st dec was the last visit by dobeck to the forum

Brian

Hey guys
Don't know if they have flown the "coop" but still apparently in business. My buddy talked to them by phone and then E-mail last week and ordered a new tuner.He said it is in route.
Colt.45

Hey guys
Don't know if they have flown the "coop" but still apparently in business. My buddy talked to them by phone and then E-mail last week and ordered a new tuner.He said it is in route.
Colt.45

They're "in business" but apparently their dedication to this forum is waning. Their profile page shows forum activity yesterday evening but they haven't posted anything in the forum since last August 21st - 5 months ago! And that post was simply showing a dyno chart of a 2009 Dyna with cams and their EJK. They haven't directly responded to a forum member's question since last Feb 4th - almost a year ago.

I'm stumped!

They're "in business" but apparently their dedication to this forum is waning. Their profile page shows forum activity yesterday evening but they haven't posted anything in the forum since last August 21st - 5 months ago! And that post was simply showing a dyno chart of a 2009 Dyna with cams and their EJK. They haven't directly responded to a forum member's question since last Feb 4th - almost a year ago.

I'm stumped!

I remember sometime back we had the same issue and I want to say Steve07 contacted them about our concern. For a while they were on and answering questions but looks like they slipped away once again. :(

As with any sponsor using a outlet trying to increase business, the business has to show growth from that outlet. At a time the belief was there was no better product than what Dobeck has to offer. Combining the lack of promoting of their products and lack of sales though a outlet, it stands to reason that if a outlet is no longer deemed to a prosperous outlet then that time and energy would be applied else where.

As with any sponsor using a outlet trying to increase business, the business has to show growth from that outlet. At a time the belief was there was no better product than what Dobeck has to offer. Combining the lack of promoting of their products and lack of sales though a outlet, it stands to reason that if a outlet is no longer deemed to a prosperous outlet then that time and energy would be applied else where.

I wouldnt buy one either after this thread. Lots of other better products on the market with very good customer service. Its not our job to sell their products, all we can do is recommend. With this information and lack of participation, it makes it hard to do so. I love my (Bubbies) CV carb! Thanks again Bubbie!

I was considering a Gen 3. But just did not have a warm fuzzy even after talking to the very kind folks there. Just got the sense perhaps things aren't going well (IMHO). Hope that is not the case and I wish them well. I elected to go another direction.

For a long time here on the forum these guys were the ticket for those who didn't want to spend a lot of money and just add some fuel to address lean & heat issues.
They still have a good discount for forum members and even more for vets.
Sure there are better tuners out there than a Gen3, but you get what you pay for.
I personally had very good customer service from them when I got the Gen3 last year.

I don't think we should chuck a vendor under the bus for the sole reason they don't hang around our forum...?? :coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back