free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

I've had the expereince as the other posts above. I get more returned waves out of sport bike riders on the average to include the head nods if busy. I always pass a few of the 'real cool' harley riders who won't acknowledge you period. That said, I've also picked up behind two different GOld Wing riders recently who didn't return anyones wave, didn't acknowlege my presence behind them and were all over the lane, so I just kept my distance and let them ride.

Each to their own I guess, but I'll continue to acknowledge all modped and up

Sure, why not? They're on two wheels too. Just because they have a different style doesn't mean they aren't bikers.

I wave at all bikes if I am not busy shifting or really concentrating. I am not always sure if people wave back. After almost going up the tailpipe of a truck that stopped in front of me while I was waving and looking to see it they waved back, I realized it is safer to wave but keep my eyes focused ahead of me.

I remember when I was a little kid. Our family would vacation in south central Ky. Somerset, My parents were from there. The folks waved at every one cage or not. I just got in the habbit if it was posible. Have felt bad at times when some reason I didnt or couldnt wave. ie: clutching, watching the road, etc. Some times just a head nod.

Sometimes I wave at myself.. I get confused.. One day the harley riders wave... The next they don't...

Maybe it's because i changed bikes..

Its all about the ride I will wave it can only help the cause

This is a true story about a wave. A few years back in our local newspaper. A new doctor had moved into the area. He was showing his family the surrounding area. It is a rural area. So many people waved at him that he stopped to see if something was wrong with his cage. He stated in the article people were waving from porches, yards, walking down the road, and vehicles that passed by him. He said that he had never saw anything like this before. Definately small town.

I usually wave to everyone on two wheels, but when I was living in Bawstin it was usually on two lane roads and such. when I moved down south (yes, I'm a dam yankee now) the first thing I noticed, other bikers giving the way across 4 lanes of traffic on highway like roads, ones with a median in the middle and higway speeds. It really got my attention.

Back