free website stats program Do we put to much stock into Harley? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do we put to much stock into Harley?

I buy quite a bit of Harley related items, shirts , a watch, we have some glasses etc, simply put if I see it, like it and I want it , as long as I can afford it I buy it.

The MOCO use to nave us over a barrel, but now the after market has really stepped up with quality American made products. Me thinks the MOCO does not like this:s

If it's made in the USA I will buy the HD brand, if not they can keep it. I allways look at the label on most anything I might buy to see where it's made before I buy it, but that's the way I was raised in the USA:USA

As a lot of posts have pointed out, you pay a premium for having the HD logo on any shirt, jacket, boot, etc.. My wife has bought me two really nice HD jackets, BUT!, waited until they were on sale. Don't recall what she ended up dropping on them, but the sale price was about what you'd pay for a good jacket. I also bought a set of HD brand boots, again on sale, and paid what you'd pay for a good set of footwear. For what it;s worth, the items that I have mentioned are comfortable, well appointed, and comfortable.

I don't like advertising for anybody, and that includes HD. I haven't seen any royalty checks from them, and I'm sure no one else has either (except that blonde model that.... but I digress). HD markets a few things that I think are ok - I buy them because the quality seems good for the price. I prefer not to underwrite their advertising costs. They're not doing that much for me.

I believe a lot of the Harley labeled items are of average quality. My sister and Brother in Law bot have HD leather jackets. The zippers are very light weight and junk. They have both broken (2yrs old).The sewing shop we use has been in business since the 70's and she said she replaces more zippers in Harley gear than any other.

Harley items beyond the bike...some good quality, some mediocre...not too much that is terrible, 'cept some of the boots, clothing and trinkets. That said, sometimes they have VERY good things on sale and clearance that are above the rest in Quality and Price...so you have to know what your looking at and shop wisely. I've honestly gotten a lot of the HD accessories, and have been very happy with the quality of their older and clearanced stuff.

Back