free website stats program Do O2 Sensors Matter Much? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do O2 Sensors Matter Much?

There is plenty of past threads here reguarding your questions, Take some time and educate yourself on the efi system and how it works ,it will give you a much better understanding in making your final choice of tuner.there are basicly 3 choices you do have as far as 02 sensors.... you can run open loop no 02 sensors basicly this tech pre dates 2007 hds , or you can run semi closed in witch the stock narrow band sensors are used, or use a wide band sensor setup these systems cost the most but will give you more range to tune and are a full closed loop process , the pcv does offer a autotune kit with wide band sensors, but do you need that ,Really you have to know what engine upgrades you plan for the future for your bike,if you are going to due engine upgrades in the future that require a better fuel management system then spend the money now ,if you know you have no intentions on upgrading the engine then stay with lower cost stuff there all basicly the same and will give pretty much the same results, you can go as cheep as $130.and get the same results as spending $300. there is a lt of choices out there, but take sometime and educate yourself first then look at what you have in mind down the road for your bike ,then make your choice. Good luck.

Very well said, excellent info. I had heard the new PC had some sort of closed loop option but had never fully checked it out because I had become totally sold on TTS. Only thing I would add is that check your pipes if you want to go with a wide band tuner or piggyback. Some pipes can be ordered with wide band sensor bungs and others you have to cut out the bungs for the OEM sensors and weld in wide band sensors.

Back