free website stats program Do it myself with Thunder Max or pay HD for Mods? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do it myself with Thunder Max or pay HD for Mods?

COFLH

I just picked up my new Ultra Limited. I am considering bolting on air intake and pipes along with a Thunder Max (I don't own a dyno tester). Any suggestions out there about doing this versus having HD do it with a SERT. Figure I would save money and have the self adjusting computer for future savings, but want to do it right and not just cheap. Any advise, experience, thoughts out there?

Does the ThunderMax come with it's own set of wide band O2 sensors or does it use the existing narrow band sensors that came with the bike. That is the Key Question #1 you need to know. Key Question #2 is does the ThunderMax software have Independent A/F ratio maps for each cylinder.

my question would be more along the lines of have they got theh TBW sorted yet -

Wow. A Great question I had not even considered. You are So correct Hobbit.

Hobbit that actually is Not Question #1. It's Question #1, #2 AND #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
the T-max uses its own sensors to tune with the auto tuner - my question would be more along the lines of have they got theh TBW sorted yet - i know the ECM's are good and strong as some on here use them its just the TBW tech was giving them a few issues.
I will check my mails as im sure i had one that said it was either here or due very very soon
What is TBW?

Hobbit, would you know if the Zippers ECM is a ground Up design of there own (like Haltech Engine management is) or if it is a re-packaged Dephi stock ECM. If it is ground up, I wonder who is doing the firmware writing for them. TBW MUST take into account some very special considerations. I sure hope they have their thinking caps on.

T-Max sold a select few 75/100 for TBW at Daytona bike week for a trial run and that was 3 months ago. I saw it posted on this site last Jan/Feb so it should be in the search.

Before I was comfortable, I would have to know what steps were put into place within both Hardware and Firmware to prevent a possible throttle run-away. A Simple question with many complex possible answers.

Back