free website stats program Do harley heated gloves really work good??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do harley heated gloves really work good???

Can't speak to the Harley gloves, as I have a pair of FirstGear also. It is amazing to have warm hands when it is 30 degrees out. If my hands stay warm I really don't care if anything else is cold. I found mine on CL. Came with the heat troller and y harness.

I've got both HD and First Gear

Prefer First Gear though. They feel warmer and are thinsulate insulated as well as fully waterproof and windproof. They are 60.00 cheaper w/o the HD logo.

Craig's List to me is a good "alternative" to buying new for couple reasons,
1.) Sellers are local, so you can schedule a "private" secure place to meet to view and complete the transaction...not sight unseen. :s

2.) The other is if the transaction is for a "tidy" sum of money, you can use cash payment as an "alternative", or complete paperwork at the DMV, while making counter offers prior to closing the deal on the spot. :p

Gerbing G3 heated gloves are preferred by more posters depending on length of the ride. Ideal would be a battery plant w/12V hardwire recharger so they can be used for the "long haul"...as battery convenience and wireless operation both have advantages in the real world.:)

Tracy, All,

Sorry about the abbreviation. It is in fact Craig’s List. Got a great deal, First Gear Carbon Fiber heated gloves, heat-troller, and y harness for $100.00. Really didn't like the idea of the carbon fiber, but was tired of getting to work and taking a while to get the fingers thawed out.. The guy I dealt with was a really nice guy, even brought the means to hook everything up so I could verify that everything worked.

Now that I have been on a couple of rides in the mountains at or below freezing temperatures, and witnessed my riding bud's suffer through the cold temps, I'll never ride with cold hands again.
:small3d009:

No matter what kind you buy, be sure they fit well. If the gloves are too loose you will not feel the heat as much and if your handle bars are not protected by a fairing your hands can feel cool. The glove have heating elements in the back of the hand, not the palm. So, your hand is gripping a cold grip/throttle. If the glove is too loose you won't get the heat tranfer. I am bringing this up simply because I personally dislike what to me are "tight gloves" in general, but for the heated variety, I am willing to deal with it for the warmth.

My wife has "Reynaud's Syndrome" (vasoconstriction of the toes and fingers, turning them white/purple. Very painful and triggered by the cold) so we went with the Gerbings that are 12V and have the portable, rechargeble batteries. She plugs into the MC charging system when riding and then pops in the batteries when she gets off. The batteries have a high. medium and low setting built into the battery housing. The batteries fit in a pocket in the gauntlet of the glove. They were pricey but having and unhappy, cold and "in pain" wife is even more expensive....

No matter what kind you buy, be sure they fit well. If the gloves are too loose you will not feel the heat as much and if your handle bars are not protected by a fairing your hands can feel cool. The glove have heating elements in the back of the hand, not the palm. So, your hand is gripping a cold grip/throttle. If the glove is too loose you won't get the heat tranfer. I am bringing this up simply because I personally dislike what to me are "tight gloves" in general, but for the heated variety, I am willing to deal with it for the warmth.

My wife has "Reynaud's Syndrome" (vasoconstriction of the toes and fingers, turning them white/purple. Very painful and triggered by the cold) so we went with the Gerbings that are 12V and have the portable, rechargeble batteries. She plugs into the MC charging system when riding and then pops in the batteries when she gets off. The batteries have a high. medium and low setting built into the battery housing. The batteries fit in a pocket in the gauntlet of the glove. They were pricey but having and unhappy, cold and "in pain" wife is even more expensive....
How long to the batteries last on all three settings Porter? Just wondering. I could use them for steelhead fishing in addition to riding in cold weather. Sort of get a "twofer" for the price.

I have both the plug in and the battery gloves. Granted the plug in gloves can be warmer, and with a proper controller have a wide temp range. The battery ones are very good too, though the time you use them can be limited. At 50% I get about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Less if I use the higher settings and longer at the lowest setting (5 hrs) For just riding around town the battery ones are the best since there are no connections to deal with but were I to go for a longer ride, then the plug ins are my choice.

How long to the batteries last on all three settings Porter? Just wondering. I could use them for steelhead fishing in addition to riding in cold weather. Sort of get a "twofer" for the price.

They last pretty much how Watchguy described, but I will check with my wife to be sure. (I don't really think about it, since I don't use them and she has a routine that works for her.) I believe she runs them (batteries) on the low setting and gets about 5 hours out of them. But she is walking around or sitting: not riding with the wind blowing on them.

I know absolutely nothing about steelhead fishing, but two things come to mind:
1.) If you steelhead fish from a boat, do you have a battery? You could easily hook up to that for running them on high for much longer if you wanted. I have thought about something like this for my wife. She loves to hunt whitetail (took her first this year) but the cold really bothers her, obviously. I thought about buying a cheap deep cycle battery and running some wires up to her tree stand to plug in her Gerbing heated clothes (gloves, jacket, pants, insoles). Sounds a little overboard but to me, if you have a wife that likes hunting as much as you do, it is a good thing to keep going.
2.) You may want to think about putting "fishy" hands in a heated glove.

Back