free website stats program Do forward controls = long term back problems?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do forward controls = long term back problems??

My observations with bad knees and a occasional back issue. I ride in the dreaded “C” position due to short stature. When I hit a large bump I can feel it through my spine, but there does not seam to be any lasting discomfort. On the other hand my shoulders sometimes hurt. I love the forward controls on my knees and the stretch out to the hwy pegs is nice. The position may add a little extra seat load and some monkey rump.

“You can’t have it all; where would you put it?”

[ NewHD74fan wrote: sure wish I got those stirrups, because during long rides I have to move my legs often...5 positions ]

Hey guy I got mine about a week ago included with Kuryakyn small pegs at Dennis Kirk for $99 bucks. Order enough to go over $100 and free shipping. The cheapest stirrups I could find by themselves was nearly as much as this deal with the pegs. The small pegs are only a 1/2" shorter than the large ones (I measured a friends) it's just that they are only about 1" diameter (which I like on the front). The large ones look to be between and 1.25" and 1/5" dia. Ok for passenger but too big in front (for me). The small ones are much bigger around than the stock pegs I had on. The look nice but you can see a picture if you go there. Here is the specs if you want them. You will love the comfort these bring on long rides at high speeds.
$99.99 Kuryakyn Stirrup Set with Small ISO-Pegs
Dennis Kirk Part #: H500401
Manufacturer Part #: 8076
Type: Footpeg - Stirrup
Units: Pair

[ Dr. Evil wrote: I ride in the dreaded “C” position due to short stature ]

As long as it doesn't bother your knees, all you need to do is save for some 6" risers and some bars with more pullback and it will turn your C into a backward L. Might have to get longer cables but hey what is more important than comfort.
Happy riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
[
[ Dr. Evil wrote: I ride in the dreaded “C” position due to short stature ]

As long as it doesn't bother your knees, all you need to do is save for some 6" risers and some bars with more pullback and it will turn your C into a backward L. Might have to get longer cables but hey what is more important than comfort.
Happy riding.

I have not reached that level of discomfort yet, but will keep the info on the shelf if it comes to that.

[ Dr. Evil wrote: I ride in the dreaded “C” position ....................... I have not reached that level of discomfort yet, but will keep the info on the shelf if it comes to that. ]

Yea actually the dreaded C is not that bad, Dennis Hopper made millions riding C along side of Peter Fonda's L position. When I was younger I rode C, in fact I wish had some sort of quick easy way to try out a riser drag bar setup on my Street Bob because I would still like to C forward just a bit more than the mini apes will let me. I do have them tilted forward a little but not quite the same.

Back