free website stats program Do any of you Street Bobbers use a backpack? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do any of you Street Bobbers use a backpack?

Sunnysideup

I really like the clean stripped look of my bike as it is. As practical as a sissy bar is, I am fighting putting one on.

Depending on how much stuff you want to carry what about a fork bag????

I was thinking more of a change of clothes etc. Love riding down to Appalachicola for raw oysters on Saturdays, be cool to hang out the rest of the weekend.

Got a friend trying to sell me his Heritage but I'm not ready to let go......for the riding I do 80% of the time, what I have is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past i have used a backpack when i had no bags on the bike however it did get to be a wee bit of a pest having to always take a backpack with me

Brian

Backpacks are ok for light weight stuff on short trips around town. I used a backpack alot back in my sport bike days. It was ok on the bike but when I got off I hated having to carry the bag around everywhere. Especially in a store where they think if you bring in a big bag you are going to shoplift with it. Not that I would ever steal anything but it does look strange walking out of a store with a loaded backpack.

I ended up putting a nice set of saddlebags on my Superglide. They were certainly not cheap but they look nice and are really convenient. I run alot of errands on my bike and it's difficult to pick anything up without having some storage space. Besides I like having tools, and raingear along with me just in case.

One thing you might be interested in is the HD detachable saddle bags. They have bags now that come off easily to give you the clean look you like but go right back on when you need the extra storage.

I used to get by pretty good with a black gym and black bungee cords for the overnight or day trips. I also like the clean look, but I didn't like the backpack feeling. Once I put the saddlebags on, I hardly ever took them off, just too darn convenient.

I to, like the clean look of my 07 street bob. When I ride, I don't want ANYTHING hanging on my body. BUT, I live out in the country, and if and when I have to have items to carry, I put them in the saddle bags. I told myself when I got the bike....NO bags! Sure it takes the 'clean' look away from my bike, but they don't interfere with my riding. People have actually said they look great. And now I wonder what I would do without them!

BRIAN

I usually ride with a back pack on. I have hundreds of reasons for using it, so 99 per cent of the time I have a backpack on. Never very heavy. I have taken long trips with just a back pack. I use the free one I got from the Harley Dealership in Vancouver Canada (Trev Deeley) now 3 years old.
Also, I am 55 years old and no longer care about fashion or other peoples opinions. Just the way I roll, Bro...

Back