free website stats program Distance Runs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Distance Runs

I'm a lover of long rides,we travel up to 700 miles a day,the trick to it is if you begin to feel uncomfortable pull over ,walk around for a few minutes this does your body a word of good. You will know when your ready to get back on again.you'll feel brand new. Works for me:D

Having a Night Train myself, I understand what you're going through. When I got my bike, I took a 400 mile trip and it was very hard for me because I'm tall and that Badlander seat is not very forgiving. I found myself stopping every 50 miles to walk off the pain in the butt and back. With that trip, I discovered what areas needed improvement. The next trip was 600 miles and was able to ride every tank empty without stopping...it's beautiful.

Do it! I've taken 2000 mile trips on my WG. Rode to Biketoberfest about two months ago (450 miles ea. way) and enjoyed it. Thats a nice one day ride for me. Don't think I'm lookin' for any 700+ miles a day even if I rode a bagger!:bigsmiley30: You will be glad you rode.

Definitly do the ride ! You also will enjoy the conversation with people that will walk up to you and ask about your journey while you're having a break or just getting fuel . These people would change places with you if they could and can have interesting stories as well . All this could be missed if you are pulling a trailer .

Having a Night Train myself, I understand what you're going through. When I got my bike, I took a 400 mile trip and it was very hard for me because I'm tall and that Badlander seat is not very forgiving. I found myself stopping every 50 miles to walk off the pain in the butt and back. With that trip, I discovered what areas needed improvement. The next trip was 600 miles and was able to ride every tank empty without stopping...it's beautiful.
Interesting...I have an idea, but what exactly did you improve on the bike?

Just a wild guess, but I think it would be a new seat, probably Mustang, compact but layerd extra clothing, probably added storage...either throwover bags or tail/seat trunk. Took GPS, Camera, Cell, Small foldable nylon insulated cooler with veggies/ fruit/sandwiches/water bottles/GORP (Good-Old-Raisins-Peanuts trail mix), Energy Bars etc. and knew when he was tired to pack in tent and bag at a KOA or have plan in advance for a place to crash (bed and breakfast) or a national forest cabin (qualifed discounts sometimes mean Free).

Back