free website stats program Digital Gas Gauge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Digital Gas Gauge

Doing this on my own is beyond my comfort level. I'd rather pay $100 for them to do it..
Also, as its a new bike, provided I install within 60 days of purchase date of bike... it falls under the HD 2 year warranty.

Will keep you all posted... It just looks coooool

Doing this on my own is beyond my comfort level. I'd rather pay $100 for them to do it..
Also, as its a new bike, provided I install within 60 days of purchase date of bike... it falls under the HD 2 year warranty.

Will keep you all posted... It just looks coooool
Ronnie's HD has them for $212 and change.

Paid $285 + 15% Tax.. Welcome to Canada lol

On vacation now so will have installed on 19th and will post pix

Tks
WAP.gif

Comedians... all of you lol
Dealer "suggested" it and said it was his favorite add on. I flipped when I heard the $375 plus labour cost.. But it is COOL looking.

WAP.gif

It was introduced in 2010...but sadly is only compatible with EFI equipped Sportsters (2007-up) with intank float level sensor (activating dash fuel light is stock). One of the nice things is, when something is new, the dealer usually stocks 1 or 2 as an introduction. It is not that difficult to install if you read the instructions...as the float level sensor assembly (which is a rheostat calibrated to the guage). Too bad nowadays there are few discounts off for current Genuine HD stocking items (though older inventory may give you a 20% discount in some stores).:newsmile093:

Good morning everyone,

WELL !!!! Install was yesterday. Goodness... where to begin.

Appointment was at 08:30 and was "supposed" to be 1.5 hrs install. Bike was finally ready at 11:45. Total 2.5 Hrs at $90/hour + 15.5 Tax.

Please also take into account the $285 + 15.5% Tax I paid on the gauge.

Gotta love Canada !!

This is one expensive gizmo. I am happy I have it. Knowing then what I know now, would I have spent this much on it ?. Probably not.

It wasn't a small job. Well, at least too big for me. The tank had to be removed and the fuel pump had to be dissassembled as well. Not a small task for me.

I posted some pictures..

Regards, Shawn

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 12
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 16
Appointment was at 08:30 and was "supposed" to be 1.5 hrs install. Bike was finally ready at 11:45. Total 2.5 Hrs at $90/hour + 15.5 Tax.

That is pretty bogus. If they quoted you 1.5 hrs and it ran to 1.6, sure. 1 whole more hour? What is the point of the quote then? Now you got my bike apart you have me as a hostage. I'd be pissed. What is to stop a trans shop from yanking your trans under a "free inspection" and then charging you an R&R fee or you take your box of parts home?

I paid a shop the money without argument but disputed it on my Amex. I won and paid what he quoted me initially. Amex is pretty good about that.

Back