free website stats program digital dakota gauges | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

digital dakota gauges

I received and installed the oil pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor. I connected these to the harness provided with the MCL-2004. Since I was making connections in the dash I hooked up the neutral and brights indication also.
Rather than splice I purchased some of the pins and sockets that are used in the stock connector for the dash indicating lights. I pulled the stock/original socket for the neutral indicator. I crimped a socket on to the wire for the MCL-2004 and inserted this into the stock connector. This moved the indication from the stock dash light to the new Digital Dakota.
I did the same for the oil pressure sensor and the brights.
No splicing and I can swap back to stock if I ever want to.

For what it is worth I don't own any of their gauges but know some folks that do and I have never heard a bad word said about their products.

Dakota Digital makes a really (EDIT) Hidden powered antenna.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've come across a set of slightly used dakota digitals for my 07 ultra....my question is ...is there a way to set the mileage odometer to the mileage i have now on my original odometer gauge (28,680)without to much of a problem, other than blocking up rear wheel and just running odometer mileage up?? any suggestions would be sweet...
thanks
looz

Sounds like a great feature to offer. I wonder if any gauge manufactures have a patent on that feature?

Thanks for the update, Boulderbean. I like your ‘no splicing’ approach.
Particularly interested if the Dakota gauge will read oil pressure at idle, or down to the 5-10 psi range?

Best I can tell, yes. Before start the indicated pressure is zero, and it comes up in a couple of steps as the bike is started. The range that I purchased is 0-75. I have not yet done an all day run to get the engine completely hot, but I have seen 15 to 20 at idle when warm to hot. I have the stock oil pump.

Back