free website stats program digital dakota gauges | Harley Davidson Forums

digital dakota gauges

looz98

i've come across a set of slightly used dakota digitals for my 07 ultra....my question is ...is there a way to set the mileage odometer to the mileage i have now on my original odometer gauge (28,680)without to much of a problem, other than blocking up rear wheel and just running odometer mileage up?? any suggestions would be sweet...
thanks
looz

You can only set the odometer on the Dakota Digital Gauges in the 1st 100 miles. If you are buying used gauges you would need to send the speedometer back to the factory to have them reset to zero then you can enter the mileage from your stock speedometer. I don't know on how long it would take for this service so I suggest calling the factory for more info, they have good customer service because every time I called all my questions were answered.

You can only set the odometer on the Dakota Digital Gauges in the 1st 100 miles. If you are buying used gauges you would need to send the speedometer back to the factory to have them reset to zero then you can enter the mileage from your stock speedometer. I don't know on how long it would take for this service so I suggest calling the factory for more info, they have good customer service because every time I called all my questions were answered.

Yes do call Dakota if you want the guages. There is a way to do it even after the first 100 miles but only Dakota can help you with it (as said in above post). They may require a bill of sale on the guages and the vin on the bike you wish to install it etc.

I really have no idea what they will require (if anything) from you, but I do know that I love the Dakota speedo replacement console I have and also pleased with Dakota all around.

I run the new LED Speedo/Tach and just purchased the LED Oil Pressure Gauge. Best gauges on the market!!!!

Exploring Dakota Digital tank mount gauge, MCL2004 for 07 RoadKing as it includes a selectable oil pressure (with their sender) and voltage reading. All good reviews above; how well do the volt/oil pressure readings work? Easy to use on the fly? Any fogging of the gauge?
Anyone wire the indicators (turn signals/hi beam/neutral) in addition to the stock ones?
I like the ‘made in USA’ and agree they’re $pendy; thus appreciate any/all observations and comments.
Thank you.

Exploring Dakota Digital tank mount gauge, MCL2004 for 07 RoadKing as it includes a selectable oil pressure (with their sender) and voltage reading. All good reviews above; how well do the volt/oil pressure readings work? Easy to use on the fly? Any fogging of the gauge?
Anyone wire the indicators (turn signals/hi beam/neutral) in addition to the stock ones?
I like the ‘made in USA’ and agree they’re $pendy; thus appreciate any/all observations and comments.
Thank you.

I just installed an MCL2004 last night. I have only plugged in the stock harness. Will do the others when I get the oil pressure and temperature sensors.
Using the stock harness the turn signals, voltage, head temperature and distance to empty for the fuel are indicated and of course RPM and MPH.

It is easy to scroll on the fly, I wouldn't do it in heavy traffic but it is the same as scrolling from the odometer to the trip odometer on the stock setup just a couple of extra pushes of the button.

Oh, 2005 Road King

bb

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks very much for reply boulderbean. :)
Happy to hear turn signals show with stock harness.

Back