free website stats program Detachable tour pak feedback | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable tour pak feedback

I just seen a new one in the ole motorcicle mag. Its a new seat and the tour pack slides up for back support when ridin solo ! The thing is awesome, I beleive it was in AIM... I dint catch the price probley the same as a new bike !

I like a removable tour pack gives you two bikes in one. I moved my antenas down between saddlebags and the fender like the street glides have it. I used one of those duel rubber like antenas works great looks good easy on off of tour pack.

I too have the removable tour pack added to an 08 Road King. I rarely took it off, except for a thorough cleaning, BUT when riding solo, the tour pack mounts rattle gong over bumps. Some people have used shrink tubing to pad the front grommets, I tried cable ties, to no great success. Since I added a radio antenna to the tour pack, I almost never take it off due to the added complexity of wire connections. If you have the "permanent" mount, it probably doesnt rattle and I'd stick with that if you ride solo vary much.

The "slide forward" to make a solo seat back rest is an interesting idea, but assocoated wiring would have to lengthened to accommodate that.

Back