free website stats program Destinations 2010 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Destinations 2010

Planning on riding the Blue Ridge Park Way in April. Been through Smokies many times but still love em. Will take in the rally at Cherokee NC while there.

Is the million dollar hwy the one shown on TV where the fuel truck guys have to be careful not to hit the shoulder or it's bye bye over the cliff? If yes, that sure looks like a great Bike ride. Is it in Colo.?
WAP.gif

Yup, million dollar highway is between Durango and Silverton if I remember correctly. I have did that ride twice. Highly recommended through the entire area. :D

Will do the entire lenght of the Blue Ridge Parkway with the MC club as well as Little Grand Canyon in upstate PA. Will spend 3-4 days riding the quad on the Hatfield & McCoy trails in southern WV. Would like to do more but two weeks of vacation will be spent hunting elk in Montana in October. Not on the bike but I hope to do a second mission trip this year to Africa.

:p We have a 14 day ride, with a plan stop at sturgts for a few days when the rally is going on,,:newsmile011:

Live in Orlando, so Daytona doesn't count as a trip, if I go at all. End of April going from Orlando to Pensacola. Will tour the U.S. Naval Air Musuem, hit Panama City's Thunder on the Beach for the day and then back home. This summer/fall trying to decide between Milwaukee and the museum, or York and Gettysburg. I'm leaning toward Milwaukee, but we'll have to see.

Did a trip around the Grand Canyon in Northern AZ and Southern UT last fall. Absolutely awesome. Here's a link to my thread at the time, including a trip report:

Grand Canyon Loop - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Community

This year, we're debating a few routes, but I think it will be Salt Lake - Yellowstone - Glacier and back over 7 - 10 days.

Really, you can't go wrong if you've got the right friends and a bike. Good weather helps. It's the good life. Enjoy it when you can.

We will be heading south to the blue ridge parkway sometime this summer.SUMMER?What the heck is summer?There's another stinkin blizzard outside my window!

Just got back from Key West, Jax. Florida to Key West, going to Daytona Saturday just for laughs

Going south on 93 to Ely, across the Loneist Road to the coast then North to the Cascades. Then heading to Sturgis in Aug, aniversary years are always better.

sharpscuba , the run along the mississippi and st.croix rivers is always a lot of fun. lots of bikes on the weekends and places where riders tend to gather for time out, ha. I used to live in wodbury mn , so I got to see this part of the ride you described regularly. I'm hoping to do the UP this summer ,now that I've stepped up to a heritage. had a sportster last year.

Back