free website stats program desperately seeking tone | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

desperately seeking tone

As I was saying I had a magical day the other day...

After reading whatyardworks post about heat helping him to adjust the baffles I decided to give it one more try... After warming up my bike and admiring the idle from my new cams I decided to try and adjust my baffles again. I removed the rear ring holding the baffles in place and tried to get them to budge without success. With the rings still off I decided to go for a ride to really get things warmed up (I know kinda stupid). While riding and praying my baffles don't fall out behind me I decided to head for the local Harley shop and ask them if there was anything else I could do to free up the baffle.
Here's the magical part...
The mechanic took my bike into the shop and did it for me. Same proceedure I was using just not as gentle... While talking to him I mentioned how I was hoping to dyno my bike soon to get rid of the decel pop I was getting. He said let me take it for a ride, and off he went. 10 minutes or so he came back and hooked up my bike to his computer and ran some numbers with my afr table and said go for a ride. WOW...
what a difference. My bike pulled better, smoother and minimal decel pop. When I came back I asked, "what do I owe you?" His reply "not a cent" we just want you to be happy. Are you kidding I was beyond happy. I guess not all dealers are stealers.

08 Ultra ,103 big bore w/255 cams, Hooker slip-ons, S.E.R.T and a big smile on top (ME!)

As I was saying I had a magical day the other day...

After reading whatyardworks post about heat helping him to adjust the baffles I decided to give it one more try... After warming up my bike and admiring the idle from my new cams I decided to try and adjust my baffles again. I removed the rear ring holding the baffles in place and tried to get them to budge without success. With the rings still off I decided to go for a ride to really get things warmed up (I know kinda stupid). While riding and praying my baffles don't fall out behind me I decided to head for the local Harley shop and ask them if there was anything else I could do to free up the baffle.
Here's the magical part...
The mechanic took my bike into the shop and did it for me. Same proceedure I was using just not as gentle... While talking to him I mentioned how I was hoping to dyno my bike soon to get rid of the decel pop I was getting. He said let me take it for a ride, and off he went. 10 minutes or so he came back and hooked up my bike to his computer and ran some numbers with my afr table and said go for a ride. WOW...
what a difference. My bike pulled better, smoother and minimal decel pop. When I came back I asked, "what do I owe you?" His reply "not a cent" we just want you to be happy. Are you kidding I was beyond happy. I guess not all dealers are stealers.

08 Ultra ,103 big bore w/255 cams, Hooker slip-ons, S.E.R.T and a big smile on top (ME!)

Glad to hear you got it worked out!!! BTW --- did ya ever put the rings back on?!! :newsmile053: lol !!!

Back