free website stats program Decelaration Popping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decelaration Popping

I also had this Decelaration popping problem after I installed Vance & Hines big shot longs, Aren Ness big sucker stage 1 air filter, and the Dyno tune with power Commander III, the dyno tuner said he richened the 0 throttle air/fuel mixer and that solved the problem. Im not a computer person but what ever he did worked for me and my 06 Heritage

What shop did you go to ..... anywhere around Fremont/Hayward area? The bike was originally dyno tuned at RC Cycles in Hayward (according to previous owner). I also have heard that chirping sound like Glider mentioned in the help section.

Thanks to all for the ideas, I have confirmed no leaks in the intake or exhaust side, and pulled a spark plug which is showing a normal clean lite tan burn. I went out for a cruise today with a buddy who has an 08 RK with a very similar set up to mine with the addition of a PCIII installed. The decel pop on his bike is still noticable also, so we came to the conclusion that I have been riding "metric sewing machines" as he called them for to long and just not used to the sound under me. MY first HD so I have to get used to it. Athough I still think I might try a PCIII on mine in the near future.. Thanks again for all the input and keep the rubber side down..

I have the PCIII on my 01 Ultra and still has the Deceleration popping problem...I am going to try dyno tuning it again at another shop to see if they could get it right. Good luck

Papa, if you were asking me which shop I went to it was Auburn Harley in CA, they closed up last month. when they solved the Decel popping problem by richening the 0 throttle air/fuel mixer , it did cause the eng. to run a little rich at Idle, but I can live with it. It's not popping any more :)

Back