free website stats program Dead as a Dodo | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dead as a Dodo

HarleyHarry, did you ever find out what was wrong with you Ultra or better yet get it fixed? I have a 2008 FLHX and am having the same problem. Stalled at a stop sign and would not start. Not getting fuel and not trouble codes. Getting spark and plugs are dry.

HarleyHarry, did you ever find out what was wrong with you Ultra or better yet get it fixed? I have a 2008 FLHX and am having the same problem. Stalled at a stop sign and would not start. Not getting fuel and not trouble codes. Getting spark and plugs are dry.

Sorry, I guess I didn't go to the last page in the thread.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I guess I didn't go to the last page in the thread.:D

No probs BigDaddy. When I picked up the bike on the day the engineer working on it had his day off. I was promised I'd get a call this coming Tuesday as I too want to know what could have caused this. I will post here with an anwer (if I get one)
Your right though looks like the same symptoms I had.

Would you believe it? I did get a call from the engineer that worked on my bike today. He said he'd try to start it when he got it in but failed. Pulled the plugs and found them dry. He said he took the gas valve off (something about a quick connection) , couldn't find anything. He described the connection as something similar to a quick connection on a hydraulic line. There's a checkvalve sort of device in it. He thinks that because of the backfire, or sheer bad luck, the ball in the valve was pushed well onto the seat and got a little stuck. Strange but sound possible to me. He could not find any codes that related to the non starting problem and said the codes I found were historic ones.
I hope, BigDaddy that this might help you a little?

Back