free website stats program Daytona Bike Week 2010 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona Bike Week 2010

Must simply be a product of supply and demand

I agree... I think they are a little out of touch. As far as "supply and demand," they must have gone to a different university than I did if they all have vacancies come event week.

Nevertheless, we got a room at the Holiday Inn Express by the speedway for $79 a night since I'm an Embry-Riddle employee. :bigsmiley12:

44 more days and counting!

stayed bye a1a and 95 few years ago price not to bad. another year spent in camp sites right there also sunshine was the name then.the hotel wasnt much more and didnt have to set up our tents lots of rain that year

I agree... I think they are a little out of touch. As far as "supply and demand," they must have gone to a different university than I did if they all have vacancies come event week.

Nevertheless, we got a room at the Holiday Inn Express by the speedway for $79 a night since I'm an Embry-Riddle employee. :bigsmiley12:

44 more days and counting!

We stayed out by the speedway for Biketoberfest 2008. Not too bad since there's usually a lot of activities out there anyway - just not the bar/music scene like Main Street or the Iron Horse. Lots of vendor displays and you can also get into the NASCAR museum for free usually.

Oh, and Hooters is right across the street! :cheers

Bikeweek is huge compared to Biketoberfest. They're almost two seperate animals and the winter event is approx 2X the October one. In addition to the price gouging, the Speedweek through Spring Break time frame is a black-out period for HHonors rewards and employee bookings. Fortunately, living in Orlando it makes it a nice and easy day trip. I must admit though, the thing never changes from year-to-year with the same old vendors, bars, and people there. I might even skip it this year and go riding to the West. The locals are actually getting tired of the bikers and spring breakers. They are complaining more and more about the traffic, the injuries and fatalities, and the noise. The citizens of Daytona Beach have actually been trying to get the size of the crowd down around the Main Street area and have been fairly successful at it with Rossmeyer building his complex to the North in Ormond Beach, and more and more activities taking place on Beach Street, and down South around New Smyrna Beach. The latest gag the town "fathers" and "mothers" have come up with the last few years is noise regulation. As long as you roll off the throttle and don't make overt noise, especially straight pipe riders, they'll pretty much leave you alone. Rip down A-1-A with the pipes roaring or keep blasting the throttle as you "cruise" down Main Street they will pull you and ticket you. I'm sure if you live up North it's a great diversion in order to get out of the cold and ride in some nice weather. If you live here it's really just kind of another ho-hum thing.

The campgrounds are the same way, double the price, $100 a night. I cant wait to take my long johns off :newsmile062:and go for a little putt:newsmile047:

try staying outside Daytona, up the road Palm Coast last year Microtel 119 per night. Nice ride down Old Kings Highway to Ormond, Daytona or jump on the interstate and just 18 miles from Destination Daytona, Bruce Rossmeyers(RIP) old place. I just booked Holiday Inn on the beach 155 per night.

Go south of Daytona, if you want to save BIG money and don't mind riding 25 miles or so, stay in the Mims/Titusville area. It's short drive to Daytona, Orlando, and Melbourne. The Space Center is close.

I live just North of Daytona and may have guest house space available (if my family can make up there minds) during later (the last Thursday/Friday to Sunday) part of the Bike Week. If I do, I'll post it in the For Sale area.

Come and spend your money!

Alright... Daytona Bike Week 2010 officially begins in 16 days :beach ... any HDTalkers gonna be there?

:rider:cheers:rider

Back