free website stats program Dan Moore Remote Oil Filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Dan Moore Remote Oil Filter

dolt

Just a brief note to any members that might be tired of the mess associated with changing oil. I have received and in the process of installing one of Dan Moores remote oil filter systems on my softail.

Quality hardware, complete kit, simple straight forward install and never have to clean up the oil mess associated with changing oil in the future. Both the adapter and filter mount are machined and available in polished, chrome and very soon black powder coat. Dan is very easy to deal with and the price is much less than the only other commercially available remote oil filter system (Jerry Riggs) I have found. Aside from being a neat setup, easy install and eliminating the messy cleanup after an oil change, Dan's system allows an additional 1/2 quart of oil which is an added benefit.

I have no interest in Dan's business or the selling of his products but when I run across something that I consider high quality from a stand up vendor, I feel obligated to pass it on. Check out Dan's products and give Dan a call with any questions; he is always happy to talk to potential customers.

Moore Sensible Products LLC - Home

Sure would make it easier on the Softail. RG too.

Good info thanks for sharing, maybe a pic or 2 after you get it installed.

For sure. When I received my kit, I emailed Dan to compliment him on the quality and mentioned that black powder coat would be my choice over polished or chrome if the adapter and filter mount were available. He emailed back and told me he had been thinking about offering the parts in black powder coat and to delay installing my parts as he had a powder coater lined up and would have some parts powder coated, send me some pics and, if I liked, he would exchange parts with me. I expect to see the pics today or tomorrow but will definitely post pics once I get the system installed.

For sure. When I received my kit, I emailed Dan to compliment him on the quality and mentioned that black powder coat would be my choice over polished or chrome if the adapter and filter mount were available. He emailed back and told me he had been thinking about offering the parts in black powder coat and to delay installing my parts as he had a powder coater lined up and would have some parts powder coated, send me some pics and, if I liked, he would exchange parts with me. I expect to see the pics today or tomorrow but will definitely post pics once I get the system installed.

Now this is a real business man. Glad to hear there are some businesses out there that want a happy customer. Happy customers do more for sales than most advertising. Sure would appreciate Pix. when you have some.

Clean looking seat up, any idea what the micron rating of the filters are I did not see it

My thought is with all these after market type additions have been, is the cost and installation truly a added bonus or value, especially if a oil leak happens within the added component.

It just relocates the stock filter or whatever filter you use.

So then what is the benefit??????
To each his own. To just move filter to different location and additional oil capacity, I would just rather install a larger volume oil pan..
Another thought is police bikes are subject to severe duty that not many would achieve in normal circumstances and they are what they are from the factory with no additional modification to engine and drive train.
Just my .02 cents. Its your ride you decide....:s

Back