free website stats program D&D FatCat Question | Harley Davidson Forums

D&D FatCat Question

FXDL4ME

I have a new Low Rider with SE Heavy Breather and FatCat exhaust, with dealer download. My bike pops and backfires through the exhaust when I'm accelerating and upshifting. Usually between 1 and 2, 2 and 3,. It doesn't backfire on decel at all, just burbles a little. But when mildly accelerating, I pull in the clutch and 2 or 3 out of 10 times I get a backfire. My question is....is this normal for a 2 into 1 pipe? A FatCat pipe? Bike seems to run fine other than this, and the plugs look good(light tan). Am I too lean, too rich, normal for this pipe?

Dealer downloads are a waste of time and money. You may want to invest in a fuel management system, many on the market. Adding more air and an exhaust change will lean it out more than it already is. Take a look in the self help section and see what others are running and that will help you make an educated decision.

No, backfiring is not normal for any exhaust. Your motor needs a fuel management system and a proper tune as has been pointed out. Several systems available. The V&H FP3 is fairly new and getting good reports from users on friendliness and customer support.

Back