free website stats program Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend

glider.

BOT Machine
Let's hear from anyone that has had a dyno tune on their bike and tell us what tuner you decided to use and who did the tuning.

Give us a location and dealer name if you wish to of the tuner who did the job.

Give your feed back on the tune if you were happy with it or not. You can include he HP and TQ of the dyno run on your bike as well as what mods you have done to the engine.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Power Commander installed. Was Dyno'ed at Docs Harley Davidson. Located in Kirkwood, Missouri.The tech name is Dave known in the area as "Dyno Dave" believe his name is spelled Dave Getz. Is said to be one of the best Dyno guys in the mid-west. Seem most folks in our area like to PC cause it can be switched to other bikes and the Race Turner can not. Seems also folks in our area had better luck with the PC. All this is here say of course....yah know how Bikers are..lol Was extremely satisfied with the increase in Horse power and torque. Wish I could find read out sheet to post the before and after...Anyway the only draw back is loss of gas mileage.( for me anyway)...and mileage loss was considerable. Gilder did respond to the reason why this happen. However since I ride two up 99 percent of the time, and we pull a trailer I like the added power and will have to deal with the lost of gas miliage. When this engine need rebuilt..will just buy a new engine a 110..as I'll never get rid of this bike...its my first one ...also I can't afford to...lol...Too much invested in this one!

Hey all. I had a SE Racing Tuner put on my '07 Heritage Classic at the time of purchase, along with a SE Stage 1 air box and V&H Bigshot Longs. H-D of Columbia, Tn., is where I purchased the bike and their mechanics did the work. They did not have a Dyno so the parameters were set by computer programs and the experience of the mechanics. I have had absolutely no problem since the day I drove it off the lot. I get 42mpg riding 2-up most of the time and could not be happier.

I installed the Techlusion along with the Stage I air cleaner and a set of Rush pipes on my '06 Springer. I talked to the folks at Dobeck who gave me some different settings and it changed the whole bike to a little more on the wild side.

I did something similar on my '06 Classic bagger and once again changed the settings to something custom after talking to the Dobeck folks. Very pleased, changed the whole bike.

I also helped two other friends with the Techlusion and a Stage I with excellent results. The big difference is I've always talked to the folks at Dobeck on exactly what I was doing and they always gave me different settings than the included ones.

Other riders I've talked to haven't had as good results, but they also use the standard settings and never Dyno'd the bike.

Just recently, I had some Woods 510 cams and a set of jugs put on the bagger since the 6 speed I put on last year would bog down on an incline when I was riding two up and loaded.

The dealer replaced my Techlusion with the factory ECM and ran the dyno and now she's up to 98 ft/lb and 88 hp.

Unfortunately, we have snow up to our you know what, so I won't be able to check it out for a while. Can't wait!

Sherwood

Are you saying that you wouldn't recommend the TFI here or you would recommend it?

One thing to remember is that with the 510 cams you installed that it changed the fueling requirements of the motor completely and more than likely the reason for the bike bogging down, they are not a cam for bottom end power.
Also when you said " The dealer replaced my Techlusion with the factory ECM and ran the dyno and now she's up to 98 ft/lb and 88 hp." There is a different setup used as far as the TFI that would have handled fuel delivery with that power output that wasn't installed at the time over and above the stock power out put of the engine. The TFI isn't the best choice with bigger cams and also flowed heads as far as proper fuel delivery.

One other thing that puzzles me is that the TFI can be removed because the stock ECM is still in use with the TFI, it hooks up downstream from the ECM so where does the additional fuel come in for the motor without the TFI hooked up?
If you are running a dealer download with this combination, it's about the poorest way to go here. Also the dyno tune was done for what reason, is there a tuner involved here at all, you made no mention of one?

Last edited:
Glider

I would definitely recommend the Techlusion, but to get the best results, talk or email the folks at Dobeck with exactly what you've got and they will give you some custom settings that I have found work really good.

As for the Bagger, they swapped out the TFI for the SE tuner and extended the rev limiter and remapped everything after the first dyno run. By the third run they did produce a fairly flat torque curve. Everything looks pretty good on the chart, but I'll have to wait and see how it is on the road.

OK thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't sure of what you were saying with a few pieces of the puzzle missing.:s

George at Techlusion is a great guy that will spend as much time on the phone with you as necessary to clear things up for a customer.

As far as the SE tuner, that's a great way to go with the additions you added to the bagger.

While we are the subject, I'm putting rinehart true duals on my 08 road king. With warranty in mind what about air filter something simple like k & n or more like arlen ness? And should I let harley redo the ecu at the shop or connect and disconnect a pc. This probably all I'm going to do to improve performace. This may how my ignorace.
Thanks,
Bents

While we are the subject, I'm putting rinehart true duals on my 08 road king. With warranty in mind what about air filter something simple like k & n or more like arlen ness? And should I let harley redo the ecu at the shop or connect and disconnect a pc. This probably all I'm going to do to improve performace. This may how my ignorace.
Thanks,
Bents

The true duals will loose some bottom end torque. A stage one will lean out the fuel mixture even with the adaptive fuel, you will need a fuel enrichment device. The PC III or a TFI will do the job there as long as this is as big as you plan to go.

I had Blue Ridge HD in Hickory N.C.do my PCIII and V&H 2 into1 pro pipe. they did a before and after dyno. The stock run was 63.89hp at 66.89 torque. I told them that I wanted low end and mid range pick-up.Eric the service guy and one of the guys that does the dyno were very helpful we talked about tru-duals vs 2 into 1, and also what Iwanted to do in the future, i.e. cams heads clutches.I went on his advise with the 2 into 1. I'm very happy with the work that they have done for me and now the hp is 68.36 and torque is 71.45. I've noticed a little less gas mileage but the extra torque here in western N.C. is very nice. I would recommend this shop highly.:bananapowerslide:

Back