free website stats program CVO tachometer for FXDF | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

CVO tachometer for FXDF

Historically, HD uses one wiring harness for each model line, for a given year. IE, all FXD--'s in year 2009 have the same harness. Unused connectors are just tucked away (it's cheaper and easier on the assembly line that way). So, if any Dyna of your year came with a tach from the factory, there should be a connector for it tucked away. Maybe in the headlight bucket?

I agree with Breeze3at.
When I have removed the fairing on previous bike I found a few unused connectors.
Thinking about it I have also seen some under the seat and behind the side covers that were unconnected connectors waiting to be connected to something MOCO knew on e day we would want.

Thanks guys, Looking forward to the parcels arriving with much more confidence now. Great info and great knowledge sharing.

Thanks guys, Looking forward to the parcels arriving with much more confidence now. Great info and great knowledge sharing.
Still waiting for the tachometer to arrive, will update this post once installed "hopefully" for those who maybe interested.

Back