free website stats program CV running rich | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

CV running rich

Check the hole the holes the float pin runs thru, are they nice and round? If not this bit of wiggle will change your float height

I looked at everything on the carb, and all looked well. I even brought it to Harley bot let them have a look at it. They said everything looked good. Good news though. I did a compression check, front cylinder 147 lbs / rear cylinder 150 lbs. I replaced the float valve because the rubber tip was loose, and I rechecked the float level. I'm at a loss. I'm thinking something with the carb. Thanx. Bus Driver.

Also, my whole 2000 mile trip, the bite almost never had Seafoam. So it happened with and without it. But that was a good suggestion because most people put a little extra in "for the Wife And Kids".

Last edited by a moderator:
If your MPG is good, I would not worry too much, betting you have some oil going down the guides. Best to error on the rich side than lean, compression numbers look OK, is it possible the exhaust had a build up of soot prior?

Could be. Maybe when I get hom from work in a couple of days, I'll pull out the baffles and clean them. Yeah, I'm scratching my head too. I'll keep you posted. Pardon the pun. Thanx. Bus Driver. ( My MPG's are fine. 42 to 45.)

I am assuming that you have a Keihin CV40 carb, right? If so, see these videos:

These are informational for your review.

Cheers,

TQ

Back