free website stats program Cutting An Oil Filter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cutting An Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always checked my filters. It's a good practice to get into and really doesn't take that long.
Spread your filter media out on some clean rags or a wad of paper towels/old newspaper and you won't get much mess.
Remember, you are not only looking for metal....you've got the chain tensioners in there so watch for other material also.

I'm having trouble visualizing how you use this... any way to get a pic with the filter in the device?

You simply insert the filter base down between the three rollers and crank the nut on the end to close up the cutting wheel while you turn the filter.

You simply insert the filter base down between the three rollers and crank the nut on the end to close up the cutting wheel while you turn the filter.

Duh. Color me stupid. LOL. Now I see it. I was thinking you were putting it inside the tool... on the underside. Thanks! :)

Of all the oil filters I have spun off the last 40 years, I have never once thought of opening one up. Makes good sense though.

Gee thats easy. I would have never thought of that. A million minds are better than a few hundred.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back