Crankcase breather

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by bubbu, Aug 17, 2019.

1. bubbu

bubbu Member

Have a 1987 1100 sporty, I'm taking the air filter off and putting on a round one. The breather tube from crankcase goes into the original air filter through the rear of filter housing. Don't they make a small air filter that I can attach directly therefore eliminating the rubber tube all together? If so, which one should I get? Does it have to be Harley? It would have to be rather small to be mounted directly. Also thinking about putting on a single seat, I like the Bobber, old-school look. Any suggestions about comfort, spring type, price, anything so I could make a smarter decision would be appreciated. Thanks everybody.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Experienced Member

You can just let that hose breath to atmosphere. Just route it to an unnoticeable area under the engine. Keep an eye on it for a while, if you get more than an occasional drip, you can add a catch can at the end of the hose.

gator508 likes this.
  3. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

Do a search on Se Air Cleaner Kit, there are some pictures that will give you and idea of how to run the hoses.

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Experienced Member Contributor

5. bubbu

bubbu Member

6. bubbu

bubbu Member

I think putting one of those small breathers shaped like a air filter on would look kinda cool.