free website stats program Craigslist Scam? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Craigslist Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RichardS

That is an awesome deal. I'm on the road all the time, so 50 to 100 miles from Nazareth PA is no big deal for me.

As far as the weather, yes it is snowing tonight and I love messing with these scam pukes.

RichardS, great idea, I'm in. Perhaps you should start a new thread (title) so those who are skipping over the "Craigslist Scam" can become aware of this idea.

It might even be such a good idea HDT could create a category for it, and keep a database or list of those willing participants, their location and level of expertise (I guess you were right...there are a lot of details to discuss).

The reason this is appealing to me, I have made up my mind to upgrade from my 2006 to a 2009 and am just waiting for the price range to drop to my liking (~ $17,000-$19,000). I have been watching the "national" Craigslist, and am willing to fly out and ride home if I found the right deal. I definately couldn't do this without an idea like yours to assure me of getting on a plane.

Thanks for the great suggestion, I hope it takes off!

I'm in for looking at a bike for a serious buyer in my area.
A FYI for those that don't know. Instead of going to each city, in each state on C.L., you can go to Craiglook. You can search ALL of C.L. in one place, or by region.

:newsmile055: Always see the MC first, even then it could not have a clear title, and you are just a step ahead of the repo-man.

I recommend just buy from dealers or people you know and trust. Might cost 10-15% more but it will be a legit deal.

Update: Just got this e-mail back from "Betty"after about a week. Scam for sure!

THis is almost the exact same response I got back when I emailed someone in Phiadelphia about a 2007 Fatboy off of Criags list. Smelled like a scam and it obviously was

I'll put hubby on it....he loves stuff like that. If there is a scam in our area, he would love to go 'see the bike'. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back