free website stats program Cop count | Harley Davidson Forums

Cop count

bcortani

With this week (May 16th) kicking off the Law Enforcement Memorial Week, I was just curious of how many of my brothers and sisters in here are LE?? Be proud and sound off with your agency/department and time served.

Clallam County S.O/20 years and still going.:newsmile108:

total 27 yrs. Forrest Co. Sheriff's Office (Hattiesburg, Ms.) (5yrs) and Anderson Co. Sheriff's Office (Clinton, Tn) 22yrs and still counting.

With this week (May 16th) kicking off the Law Enforcement Memorial Week, I was just curious of how many of my brothers and sisters in here are LE?? Be proud and sound off with your agency/department and time served.

Clallam County S.O/20 years and still going.:newsmile108:
I take it by LE you mean Law Enforcement? I still can't figure out TQ's PFD. :p
I'm not LE BTW.

Grand County Sheriff"s Dept Colorado Now retired and living in Florida 35 total years in LE

Does being a "Forum Cop" count? :p

Seriously, thanks to all of you who don a uniform and keep us safe - LE, fire, military.

:cheers

I have got to say thanks to you all, (even the ones who have had the pleasure of pulling me over & giving me a ticket or a break) :s BTW, the 'breaks' are much appreciated, even though I drive like a granny most of the time, on the few occasions I do speed (usually for a short period of time for whatever reason) I tend to get caught. :) You are just doing your job, and yes, I was in the wrong. I can't argue that.

But, when I crashed my truck in South Carolina, the officer on the scene was great! My truck was totaled, I was okay, but from looking at the truck, everyone insisted that I go to the hospital and get checked out. It wasn't a bad idea really, but I had my dog with me. Not wanting the dog to go to a shelter, I was refusing. The officer offered to take care of the dog for me. He took here & her crate & set it up at the hospital off to the side, came in and checked on me & gave me his number to call when I got done at the ER. (I was going to call a cab but he told me not at that hour) He came back and picked up me & my dog and took us to a hotel to get checked in. At this point I felt this guy had gone above & beyond for a stranger just passing through. But the story gets better, I was worried about my 'stuff' in my truck, I had 2 weeks worth of toys and a couple of expensive bicycles. (Headed to FL to watch my niece in a softball tournament & then back to WV for some camping & bike riding). This guy offered to take me over to where my truck was towed to get some of my things & my bag with my clothes. He dropped me back at the hotel & I was set. The next morning I called the insurance company & got the rental. After I went over to get the rest of my things from my truck & was on the road by noonish or so.

Last week we just lost an officer killed in the line of duty only a few miles from our home. I was turned around on my way to work and was surprised to find out what had happened when I got to work. The officer I spoke to that morning was still very nice & pleasant when he turned me around, even complimented me on my Jeep. I didn't think much of it at the time except that it would be big news to have the road closed in my sleepy little town. I was crushed to find out that an officer had been struck & killed. :( His family is in my prayers daily. Young man, father of 3 children, the oldest was 10. Too close to home for me.

You guys have a tough job & I thank you for it. AND,BTW, I did write a letter to the state of SC thanking them for the fine job their officer did in making my bad night not so bad. :s (I also sent a copy to his superior :))

Thank you ALL!

Its sad to here about the officer geting killed...I also want to thank all of you cops for putting your life on the line..

I have a lot of LEO's in my family and my friends. Although not in law enforcement, I am an Associate Member of the FOP. Truly appreciate what they do for us.

Back