free website stats program confused but sounds like a scam | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

confused but sounds like a scam

Wow...sorry to hear it kemo. Hate hearing these stories of dishonesty, but gotta go on thinking they'll get their due...someday.

This is just my personal opinion but I think craigslist is a scam all in itself. There may be a few good well intentioned people using it but my belief is that the scammers, both buyers and sellers, far out number the ones that are there to try to conduct honest business. just my 2 cts.

myself and a friend have bought many bikes from craigslist but yea there is a lot of scamers out there. i can only hope that they put all there money with another scammer!!!!

I sold two bikes on Craigslist this past year, one of them to a buyer from 500 miles away. Both were honest, both paid cash, and the bills weren't counterfeit. But I didn't even bother answering the emails that wanted me to finance, go thru their dealer, leave the title with the wood trolls, etc.

With Craigslist, cash is king, queen, jack, and 10.

Like I said, I'm sure there are some good well intentioned people using craigslist but you just got to be really careful .

I had a mate here who sent $8000 off to the USA for a Fatboy a couple of years ago. It was a scam, of course. The person vanished when the money was cleared over there.
A hard lesson learnt.

lorne that money is long gone, never saw a penny of it. I sent the money order to London Ohio and it was cashed in Great Britain. I was buying the bike outside of an eBay auction so there was nothing that eBay could do. I kind of think that it was an inside job by an eBay employee because after the auction I got an email from somebody claiming to be the seller. There was me and another guy bidding on the bike. There was a reserve bid and the auction closed. I figured the end and later that night I got the email stating that the other bidder couldn't come up with the funds so according to eBays I had the rights to buy the bike. I was new to eBay and was dumb. I learnt a $7000 lesson.
kemo

That sounds like the seller has started another ebay account to bid against the other bidders and push the price up past your highest bid i have had that happen to me then been told the winning bidder pulled out after winning and as i was next then i could have the item
my reply was only at my highest bid prior to the winning bidder entering the auction as all his bidding was false

Brian

I saw a ad on C.L. this morning for a '99 Fatboy for $2,900 "ONLY" in Macon (a near by town). I sent an inquiry. I'm expecting a reply that smacks of scam. If I can't see it and touch it, they can't see or touch my $$. Some day I will get that "deal of a lifetime" or "barn find". Some day. :newsmile077:

Back