free website stats program coil problems? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

coil problems?

Glider, I am so envious of you. You get to do and say everything I WANT to but CAN'T. Thank you for helping me out!:s

No problem Hoop. :D

I get carried away sometimes when I see someone ask for help and give NO background on the bike or what they have done so far. Generally I just pass over the post when I see that because there's no way of helping out without the facts.

It'll get better:s

Once again. "If what is a problem".

"it" is refering to trash in fuel or on screen {checking the peatock and draining the tank}. I was assuming he was talking about possibly a dirty screen or trash in the tank, and which case I think would be more noticeable at "wot" sence more fuel is require than at idle or low throttle. sorry I wasn't more clear.

"it" is refering to trash in fuel or on screen {checking the peatock and draining the tank}..

Ok. Then back to the Voes switch. I never had a VOES switch in my hand but I would say that if you were to take a MityVac hand pump vacuum tool and rubber pipe it to the VOES switch, you should be able to pump it up and it should Hold a vacuum. Will yours do that? If not, it will be just like a vacuum leak to the engine.

If you have a MityVac you will be also able to see if the spark advance kicks in and @ what in/mercury.
That is very important to know.

Glider, I am so envious of you. You get to do and say everything I WANT to but CAN'T. Thank you for helping me out!:s

I am just a simple man that sometimes chooses the wrong word in trying to explain things. I came to this forum because I was told how good everybody was here, and now I find i am the butt of your jokes by one careless thing I said. I guess being new here puts a target on your back. I'm sure you would have been more forgiving to the older members.

Relax. We are here to help you. We were just kidding around. Lets roll up our sleeves and fix your bike.

Relax. We are here to help you. We were just kidding around. Lets roll up our sleeves and fix your bike.

ok thanks. I need to loosen up abit. I will look for a way to pull vacum on the voes and see if it will hold as you suggested. I begining to think this may be my problem. I replace the voes hose with a new hose that isn't as tight of a fit as the old one. i'm wondering now if I might be loosing vacum there. should there be a hose clamp on the hose? there wasn't any on the old hose i took off, so i didn't put any on the new one.

I really can't say if a hose clamp should be there. I don't believe I have ever seen a hose clamp on any vacuum line because by it's very nature it will seal up and get tighter when under a vacuum. If you need a clamp to get a good seal, I would say the hose is too large.

If you can't get you hands on a MityVac, perform this simple test. Ground the wire that is going to the VOES switch to frame ground. Block off the vacuum hose with a rubber plug. This will simulate spark advance applied at idle along with NO vacuum leak. Start the bike. If the bike runs good, Bingo -you know the switch was leaking air or is flat out electrically bad.

I will try that and get back to you on the results. leaving on vacation to the beach, so it might be a week before I can get back to you. thanks

I am also leaving for a week as of this morning (packing right now!) and will be out of the the mix until then. We we resume when we get back..

Have a Great time..

I am just a simple man that sometimes chooses the wrong word in trying to explain things. I came to this forum because I was told how good everybody was here, and now I find i am the butt of your jokes by one careless thing I said. I guess being new here puts a target on your back. I'm sure you would have been more forgiving to the older members.

Like Hoople said, take a deep breath and relax.

There is absolutely no flaming of members allowed on this forum. You are truly amongst friends here. But even the best of friends engage in some good natured kidding once in a while. No harm was meant and we certainly hope none was really taken.

Back