free website stats program Coast to Coast | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Coast to Coast

Day 4 07/08/09

Today is my sweeties birthday so I let her sleep in and went for a ride around the area and took a few pictures.

Stopped at Gruene Harley. Bought a hydro vest that I will try out tomorrow on the ride to Houston.
DSC01607.jpg

DSC01608.jpg

The Famous Gruene Hall is one of the original buildings in the town and has hosted many named musicians. The likes of Goerge Strait, Pat Green, David Allen Cole to name a few. Its really a pretty cool family bar. I parked my bike here and started to walk across the street to take this picture and a guy comes running out saying sir, sir you can't park here. I said I know I just want to take a picture. he goes oh ok and walks back inside. It is also a dance hall.
DSC01609.jpg

One of the antique malls and restuants in town. The Gruene River Grill has great food too.
DSC01611.jpg

The Gruene Water Tower. Sort of a neat shot i think.
DSC01613.jpg

Bubba's Big Deck is a Biker Bar right on the river
DSC01617.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

One of the many tude rental places on the river.
DSC01621.jpg

You get in the river here and they come pick you up in a bus down river and put the tubes in the big trailer.
DSC01620.jpg

This is a really small bridge under the railroad. It's only one car wide and 7 foot 10 inches high.
DSC01622.jpg

FM 1863 between state road 46 and 281 in Bulverde. notice how dead the grass is here.
DSC01623.jpg

Some houses built on the cliffs out by Caroline's sister's house
DSC01625.jpg

We will be headed to Sugarland TX some time tomorrow I will post more from there. Tonight we are staying in a Bed and Breakfast Just on the outskirts of Gruene. Its actually right down the street from that railroad bridge.

Last edited:
Day 5 07/09/09 and start of Day 6 07/10/09

Didn't get to post these yesterday, we were visiting with Carolines daughter, husband and our grandson. It was really noce that they have a pool. It was so refreshing to get in the water. It was in the triple digits yesterday. I will say the cool vest helps alot in this heat.

Before we left I took a few pictures of the outside of the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at. Its the Lambs Rest Inn. Its in New Braunsfels but really closer to Greune. It is the only B&B that is on the water. They have some really nice landscaping and decks out back.
The Inn from the front.
DSC01626.jpg

Looking from the upper porch down to the river.
DSC01627.jpg

Down this path leads to the decks by the river.
DSC01628.jpg

The upper deck
DSC01629.jpg

The lower deck
DSC01630.jpg

Devil Duck wanting to get in the river.
DSC01631.jpg

They had a really cool gazebo made from old doors. It had a two person swing and ceiling fan. You could sit here with a drink, book and your wife and just relax and watch the river.
DSC01632.jpg

Stopped for gas aways outside San Antonio and met Val from Michigan, she was on a VRod and had rode out to the Grand Canyon and was on her way to Katy. We were passing right by there so we rode together for about 100 miles. It was 103 today.
DSC01638.jpg

Today We are going to head North to around Tomball, its only about 45 miles or so. Staying with more friends up there.

Caroline suggested I should hit the Gulf Coast on thies trip too. So I want to go to Galveston on Sunday. I was thinking it would be cool if some others in the Houston area would like to meet up and ride down there. If any of you guys want to we can plan it out today and tomorrow.

wow thanks for posting it looks like you are having a blast!

I'm hoping to do a ride next year, starting in Jacksonville, FL to Oceanside, CA and back to Nashville.

Looks like I got alittle behind, let me chatch you up.
Day 7 07/11/09

Made it to Tomball, staying with friends not much else to say and no pictures. I did go get a oil cooler and put it on.

Day 8 07/12/09

Left for the Gulf Coast around 11 am. We went west to Dayton on FM 1960 then over to 90 and then down 365 at Nome through Winnie to 124 South down to High Island, then down the coast on 87 to Bolivar to catch the ferry over to Galviston. Was a nice ride to the ferry. We had to wait an hour to get on the ferry then over to Galviston. We ate at Tortuga Coastal Cantina on 61rst street. Then headed up I-45 to Richard and Carols house. It was a really hot ride home.

Here we are waiting on the ferry and the line looking both directions
DSC01659.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

I am going to head out in the morning and try to make Amarillo, Talk to yall soon.

All I can say is awesome ride, and I'm green with envy. LOL Take care and watch those cages. Ride safe. Fuzz

UltraSteve

I got home last night about 2200. Tired, wet, with a grin from ear to ear. Hope yours is going as well. Keep it up and lets us know what's happening.

Jake

This is worse than a darn soap opera. I can't wait for the next time he checks in ! LOL! I guess it is because I wish I was doing what he is doing.......

I really appreciate your documentary. I keep showing it to my wife, which just says, unhuh, yeah, kewl. I'll keep working on her, you keep updating us! LOL.
Be safe brother!:newsmile068:

Back