free website stats program Clutch? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch?

I don't normally flog on my bike. I happened to notice this noise so I have been doing the snap throttle thing to try to figure out where this noise is coming from. Under my normal riding conditions it doesn't make this noise. Maybe I'll just ride normally and not worry about it but I wonder if it will get worse as the miles add up.

Thanks for posting that.. It does help my peace of mind to know you take good care of your bike.

I was Hoping you were doing this to JUST test it out.. That Was a good Way to try.

Good you did.. Thanks for not taking a Hammer to me...:sd

Sincerely, another member just as you.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for posting that.. It does help my peace of mind to know you take good care of your bike.

I was Hoping you were doing this to JUST test it out.. That Was a good Way to try.

Good you did.. Thanks for not taking a Hammer to me...:sd

Sincerely, another member just as you.

signed....BUBBIE

I can see how you could see problems with higher hp builds. The drive train may not have been designed to handle more hp than the bike came out with. I don't baby my bike but I'm not rough on it. When my wife and I go out sometimes I like to roll the throttle on and go through the gears. Not snapshifting but rolling it on enough to feel the extra power I paid for. I think I will take it back to my indy who did my work and have him do an oil service and explain to him what I am hearing.

Back