free website stats program Clutch Inspection Cover Damage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Inspection Cover Damage

I know this was not the main focus of your post, but I wanted to make sure you are NOT putting Spectro transmission gear lube in the primary. Spectro Primary or HD Formula + are good here, but I don't think you should put the gear lube in the primary.

Sorry! Wasn't paying attention. Sporty! OK, but still not sure about the Spectro tranny fluid in with the clutch. Have to differ to one of the other guys that runs around on those!

TQ

Hi TQ,

Thanks for highlighting a possible goof by me on the Spectro oil - but as you say on the Sporties both are covered by the same oil and I'm going with the recommendation of that knowledgeable fella Glider :D:D I'm switching to Mobil 1 V-twin for the engine having tracked down a UK supplier thanks to M'one on this forum. What a great community we have :D.

Spectro Oils of America - Transmission Gear Oils

Ride safe!

Hi TQ,

Thanks for highlighting a possible goof by me on the Spectro oil - but as you say on the Sporties both are covered by the same oil and I'm going with the recommendation of that knowledgeable fella Glider :D:D I'm switching to Mobil 1 V-twin for the engine having tracked down a UK supplier thanks to M'one on this forum. What a great community we have :D.

Spectro Oils of America - Transmission Gear Oils

Ride safe!

Excellent! That is what I use in my primary as well. It is a "fit-for-purpose" application.

What I was worried about was that you might have been suggesting using one of the full synthetic transmission gear lubes like Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil or any of the other high quality gear lubes in your transmission/primary. Instead, the Spectro Primary should do a good job for you there!!

TQ

Back