free website stats program clock loses time | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

clock loses time

I figure while out riding I do not want to know what time it is. But just in case I do check what time it is, the time shown is close enough for me.:D

I understand the frustration but I agree with this post. The only time that "time" enters into my head when riding is thinking about fatigue from long rides.:p

My 04 Road Glide does it and so does my 2010 Limited. Just not an accurate clock on both types of radios. Except mine gains a few minutes a month.

Last edited:
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one it happens to. I don't really fret about it and I always have my phone with me and a watch on but it would be nice if I could just look down and see if I'm going to be late for dinner.:D

Has anyone ever had trouble with their clock losing time. Mine loses about 5 minutes in a month. I had Harley check and all my software is up to date. I keep it on a tender when I am not riding, I wonder if that could be an issue although I don't know how. It's not a big issue, more annoying than anything. Just curious.

When I'm on my Ultra time gets lost also. Not so much the Ultra but me losing it. Always happens somewhere between sunup & sundown!!!! :D

Just messin with ya Trek --- Hope you get if figured out and not have to worry about being late for supper anymore!!!! :newsmile016:

For Trade: Rare Electra Glide Clock Radio ... connected to an 04 FLHTCI that gains about 5 min a month.. will trade for radio connected to 2010 or newer Limted Ultra with 103 that loses time... EVEN trade...:newsmile:newsmile016:

The clock has nothing to do with the computer. Motor vehicle clocks are notoriously inaccurate due to voltage changes that take place constantly. Even the clock on your home computer is inaccurate unless it's synced to a standard or atomic clock and the voltage is usually uniform. The only quartz timepiece that is any good is the one on your wrist or maybe the one on your table.

Guess I never checked before reading this post, but my 09 FLHX clock was off by 15-min. I did the SW update earlier this spring, but will check version & see if it's needed again.

Maybe...HD's are like time machines (Back to the Future) and we'll eventually have ability to travel back/forth in time...;)

Mine is off by at least 5 minutes a month, but I aint in no hurry when I am riding unless I am going to The Dr LOL:p

Back