free website stats program Cleaning your whitewalls | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning your whitewalls

I was at Daytona for bike week and went to see the Metzler crew about my front tire cracking on the side walls. First question they asked was how do you clean your white walls. They pretty much told me to go pound salt, that the cracking was just superficial. I went back the next day and told them that I fixed the cracking Metzler tire by replacing it with a Dunlop and also told them that I would never use another Metzler.

How do you clean it? If you use bleaches it will cause the oils to come out of the rubber causing cracking,much like the UV from the sun does!

:bigsmiley24:Tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser last weekend. All I can say is AMAZING. And very little effort on my part, which I really like.

How do you clean it? If you use bleaches it will cause the oils to come out of the rubber causing cracking,much like the UV from the sun does!

I change my tires enough, they don't get old enough for bleach or UV to bother 'em. I don't ride all that much, but usually change out the rear every 8 or 9 months depending how hard I've ridden and the front every year and half or so. Again depending on previous miles ridd'n.
Ugly John

I use Welsey's the same as Elwood does and she's right. make sure that you use gloves! it is pretty potent stuff.

I used Welsy's Bleche White with a sponge, works great. White is now very vivid. Just wear gloves when using this stuff, it's got a greasy feel to it but it leaves no residue. It's available pretty much anywhere.

X2 here.

I have been using Wesley's Bleech White for 20 years and my dad has been using it 20 years before me. I don't have white walls on my Harley, but I use it for the white lettering on the truck and car tires. Awsome stuff, makes the white accents on tires pop. I spray a little on the tires and then use car wash and scub them down.

Back