free website stats program Cleaning your whitewalls | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning your whitewalls

BCRoadking

So we know that pledge works great for cleaning and shining most of the bike , But what have you guys found that works well for cleaning the white walls . Rear is mostly covered by fender and bags and the front was put on new before christmas so wasnt too concerned yet, BUT , Good friend thats a cage rider said to me " ya better clean those whitewalls there lookin kinda shabby ". Well we just can't have that . So what works for you guys .

I used Welsy's Bleche White with a sponge, works great. White is now very vivid. Just wear gloves when using this stuff, it's got a greasy feel to it but it leaves no residue. It's available pretty much anywhere.

My wife made me try the Original Magic Eraser from Mr.Clean and let me tell you that it is faboullous and will never use anything else. After rubbing for few seconds the white becomes like new out of the dealer. Give it a try and let me know what you think of it.

My wife made me try the Original Magic Eraser from Mr.Clean and let me tell you that it is faboullous and will never use anything else. After rubbing for few seconds the white becomes like new out of the dealer. Give it a try and let me know what you think of it.

In another post I posted the Magic eraser,I'm a firm beleiver:D

I used Welsy's Bleche White with a sponge, works great. White is now very vivid. Just wear gloves when using this stuff, it's got a greasy feel to it but it leaves no residue. It's available pretty much anywhere.
I use this also, but use a brush and then just rinse off with water. Looks great! I hear great things about Magic Eraser also, but haven't used it.
UglyJohn

I use this also, but use a brush and then just rinse off with water. Looks great! I hear great things about Magic Eraser also, but haven't used it.
UglyJohn

Try it John,you wont be disapointed:D

I'm always looking for a easier way to do things and/or for better outcomes. So, I will give it a try. My bike is UGLY, so I keep all black tires on it, but my wife has the all white Ultra with thin white walls. So her tires will be my test bed. I'll also give it at try on my Bronco's white lettered sidewalls. :D
Ugly John

I was at Daytona for bike week and went to see the Metzler crew about my front tire cracking on the side walls. First question they asked was how do you clean your white walls. They pretty much told me to go pound salt, that the cracking was just superficial. I went back the next day and told them that I fixed the cracking Metzler tire by replacing it with a Dunlop and also told them that I would never use another Metzler.

Back