free website stats program Cleaning my pipes! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning my pipes!

If you don't have any steel wool laying around, try using an SOS pad like the ones used for cleaning pots and pans. Works wonders.

Plastic razor blades and goop will work once you heat the pipes a little. You can find the plastic blades at any good hardware outlet, they are made for scraping glass and other surfaces you dont want to gouge. I use them on aluminum surfaces also, dont want any scratches here, Jack

Oven cleaner is the way to go as was said before. Dont get it on anything else, or you will have a different removal problem to deal with. Let it do its work overnight. In my experience, any form of scraping is going to leave a mark.

Oven cleaner is the way to go as was said before. Dont get it on anything else, or you will have a different removal problem to deal with. Let it do its work overnight. In my experience, any form of scraping is going to leave a mark.

Well; I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents. I use Harley swirl and scratch remover 4.95. I just rub until it looks like new again, and, no scratches at all, then throw a coat of polish on it---ta-da---jack

Back