free website stats program Chrome Tour-Pak Hinge Kit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome Tour-Pak Hinge Kit

my top part of mypremium hinge set does not sit flat to the tour pak ?
i increased the hole size in the tour pak as much as i felt possible without damaging the tour pak base in that area. Is the tour pak lid the incorrect lid? or is the hinge set just a super tight fit?? i want to use them (hinges, but am loosing faith that i will have to use the oem rivit type? thanks for a reply.will forward picts if i need to, to show you my situation.
My buds think the lid is "old" style that hd made different type to only fit newer lids?? i am sceptable!! thanks ryd..

my top part of mypremium hinge set does not sit flat to the tour pak ?
i increased the hole size in the tour pak as much as i felt possible without damaging the tour pak base in that area. Is the tour pak lid the incorrect lid? or is the hinge set just a super tight fit?? i want to use them (hinges, but am loosing faith that i will have to use the oem rivit type? thanks for a reply.will forward picts if i need to, to show you my situation.
My buds think the lid is "old" style that hd made different type to only fit newer lids?? i am sceptable!! thanks ryd..

You should only have to drill the hole size as specified in the instructions. The hinge pins are a snug fit but they went in with no problems. If you can at least get the screw to engage the pin it should snug right up as you tighten it. Just be sure to use a torque wrench and don't exceed the values in the instructions.

If you can get your posts up and then load some pictures it might be helpful.

Installed my new hinges this morning. Went just as the instructions stated except for a few items:

1) Two of the rivets started spinning before I got them drilled through, had to break out the Dremel and grind the heads off of the them. :D

2) Rivets are apparently stainless, they will work harden, and they will get hot enough to start melting into the body of the Tour Pack. Be careful ! :(

3) That extra set of hands to hold the gasket when drilling the lid, while not essential, would be very nice. I did not have any luck with the duct tape, took too much force to hold the gasket out of the way. I wound up using a flat blade screwdriver to hold it down with one hand and ran the drill with my second hand. I used the third hand to scratch my head when it didn't go real smooth. :bigsmiley22:

4) When reinstalling the tether, don;t lose track of the spring washer. :( I'm here to tell you that it is almost impossible to find if you don't see it drop. They cost $1.08 at the dealer, including tax. :p

Once done, they were well worth the effort. They look a whole lot better, they feel stiffer/stronger, and it is another example you can show your buddies of just how talented you are. :lolrolling

Back