free website stats program Chippewa Rally Boot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chippewa Rally Boot

Redwing used to make motorcycle boots in the US. You can find good deals on flea bay sometimes. Mine are very well made, and comfortable. Just a suggestion.

They are really nice boots. Bought a pair in 2000 and wore them til this season, I think I had them resoled once , maybe twice. Also have a pair of the engineer style that I bough in 02 and wore about 5 years, resoled them once and they are in a box waiting to be sent back for a full rebuild. Picked up a new pair of the rally boots this season and they are real nice as well and still US made, highly recommended.

Chippewa boots made in the US will have letter width sizing designation ( B, D, E, EE, EEE and 4E ) imported styles use a "M" medium "W" wide or "XW" extra wide....

Chippewa boots made in the US will have letter width sizing designation ( B, D, E, EE, EEE and 4E ) imported styles use a "M" medium "W" wide or "XW" extra wide....

+1 on the above. That's what Chippewa replied to my query about "made in USA.

Thanks.

Sounds like a quality product. I appreciate the responses.
Looks like I will order a pair.

I just purchased a pair of Justin Workboots that are made in the USA. They are roper/wellington style with Pitstop lleather. Seem sturdy and very comfortable. They're not waterproof, but I figure some mink oil or other waterproofing should work reasonably well. Chippewa is owned by Justin Brands.

If you're near Ft. Worth, TX, or plan on travelling in the area, you might want to check out the Justin Boot Outlet on Vickery near the Justin factory. They have mostly Justin boots, but also have some Chippewa boots. The ones I bought were about $60 off the regular price. They also had some Chippewa steel-toe Engineers and Trooper boots for about $99. They're irregulars, but I didn't see any obvious defects on them.

I've had mixed results with Chippewa boots. A couple years ago, I found a pair of pull-on cowboy style Chippewa's in the clearance room at Cabela's. They are made in the USA and have held up and fit great. Based on that experience, last year I ordered a pair of Chippewa engineer boots from an on-line store. I can't remember if they were USA made or not... but, the lower metal buckle broke the first time I tried to tighten the strap one notch... Not sure what was up with that, the store took them back no questions asked, but could not replace them since they were a discontinued item that was out of stock in my size.

Ended up going with a Double-H 12" engineer boot and I love them... tough as nails, although a bit difficult to break-in. USA made too.

Back