free website stats program Chippewa Rally Boot | Harley Davidson Forums

Chippewa Rally Boot

Porter

Does anyone have pros/cons on this boot and brand?
Looking for a new pair of riding boots and there are only 3 local dealers in MD and none have them in stock for me to take a look.

Chippewa sounds like a good American Made boot, but I have never owned a pair from this brand. I am trying to avoid return and shipping fees.

Thanks a bunch!

Porter; Some Chippewa boots are made in the U.S., others are offshore. I bought a pair of engineer stye, and "made in China" was stamped inside. I wrote to them (via thier website), and they replied saying due to "costs and yada, yada". I would write and ask where your model is made. FYI, my chinese boots are well made, but not very comfortable in the heel/arch.

Thanks for the heads up Breeze3at!

I called their customer service and the the operator stated that thefollowing models are made here in the US:
97868 Brown Harness Boot
27868 Black Harnes Boot
27862 Black Rally Boot
29558 Brown Harness Buffalo Hide Boot

These were the ones that I was interested in, so it is not an exhaustive list, but it bothers me that the Chippewa website says "Made in the USA" if some are not. I know they were acquired by "Justin Boots" which is a holding of Berkshire-Hathaway.

I try to buy products made here whenever I can, but it is tough at times.
I would have been upset if I got a pair with a "made in China" stamp.
I tend to not like "egineer" style boots as they fit loose. A harness boot or potentially the rally boot looks to have a tighter fit to me.

I bought a pair of the short engineer boots . Think I paid $139. Probably one of the better boots you can buy. They can be resoled and the company is thoroughly customer focused.

When I come home from service I worked on a survey crew for a while, Chippewa was the boot for the job. they were very well made and a very rugged boot. I waded in beaver dams, walked the woods, and drug them thru briars...end of the day, they were cleaned and greased with mink oil for the next day...in 1981, they were well made...I would have another pair for that type work...for riding...I opt for something eaiser to put on and take off...I LOVE my DINGO's..:D

I've had a pair for a couple of years now. They are very comfortable and wear well. They are easy to get on and off. And, they are easy to adjust due to the velcro fasteners.

I've had a pair for a couple of years now. They are very comfortable and wear well. They are easy to get on and off. And, they are easy to adjust due to the velcro fasteners.

Yes ,, I agree that they are easy on-easy off,,,my calves are small so I had snaps put in at the top on my boots past the velcro and now I can make them fit closer to my legs at the top.

chippewa 11"engineer boots are really well made and leather is rugged and top quality.i bought the steel toe ones that had a non lug sole thinking they would be good for riding.i would not get the steel toes again because they get banged up too much and i would get an aggressive lugged vibram sole over the smooth sole i bought cause they grip the road better when you put your feet down at a stop. dr marten 2296 boot is highly recommended as well but does not come in black and is not as high as the chippewa 11" boots.

I have a pair of the tall steel toe motorman boots. They are well made and comfortable and very good leather. They are one of the better boots in my opinion. If you search on-line, you can get some really great deals but you have to shop the different sites. Some offer the boot for less $, but by the time you pay for shipping it cost more. Some places offer the lowest price and free shipping and return and re-ship if they don't fit.

Back